Post Pictures and Specifications of your computer here!

ripken204

Well, I am using Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005. I have hacked winbrand.dll to get the modified logo in the winver.exe dialog, and I am using truetransparency for the vista borders. I have a hacked uxtheme.dll, which allows for use of the vista theme from the vista transformation pack. Glass2K is used for the taskbar and start menu transparencies.

I also have winflip 3d running, but you can't see it in that screenshot:

winflip_thumb.png

winflip

Edited by Idontwantspam

Well, I am using Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005. I have hacked winbrand.dll to get the modified logo in the winver.exe dialog, and I am using truetransparency for the vista borders. I have a hacked uxtheme.dll, which allows for use of the vista theme from the vista transformation pack. Glass2K is used for the taskbar and start menu transparencies.

I also have winflip 3d running, but you can't see it in that screenshot:

winflip_thumb.png

winflip

Oh, that clears things up a bit. thanks. :thumbup

I currently don't have anything but a laptop and an old server at home, nothing to bother with (I deal with this stuff at work enough to not want to come home to a PC :)), but I just got myself an 8 core HP xw8400 with 16GB of RAM, 4x 500GB drives in a RAID10, and a Nvidia QuadroFX 1500 for a VM/home workstation rig.

I'll have it next week, and I can't help but say I'm really geeked about it ;).

• 3 weeks later...

Heres my setup

My Main Machine

amd 64 x2 5000 black edition (unlocked multiplier)

Gigabyte m57 sli

4 gig Corsair Xms2 8oomhz

BFG 8800 GTS 320mb

Twin dvdrw's 16 x

80 gig sata OS

200 gig sata Backup

500 gig WD Sata TV and downloads

Hyper 580w Modular

2 x Dell 2007 FPS

Audigy 2 ZS Platinum

Logitech G15 Keyboard (not pictured)

Razer Diamondback mouse

(Case is now a Coolermaster Elite)

ocm6gu.jtiavc.n86bc.tb.gif

Server

amd 64 x2 4400

4 gig corsair xms2 DDr 675 mh

ATI 1600 pro oc

Asus M2v mobo

Coolermaster 450w psu

Soundblaster live 5.1

40 gig sata hd os

146 gig scsi uw 360 backup

250 gig sata downloads

Samsung 19" 941bw

ocm6gu.jtiavc.iwcwg.tb.gif

B00: what do you think of the Cooler Master Elite? i've got my rig in it, and i have no complaints, scythe ninja just barely squeezed in with my board, love it.

my G3 project is further and further. got RAM, and fixed the motherboard. no pictures just yet though. will update pictures once i get a tablet [assuming they didn't sell out]. i have a little bit more surgery to do on my G3 project though, and this is what i'm scared of...i need to get the ATX input off the board. completely off...and i'm going to soldier power cables that will flatten out so the case can close, and i'll throw in a CD-RW for the time being. 40 more solder points to go...total finished will be 106.

soldering iron master yet?

thats a sweet keyboard and an extremely neat desk...better than what my desk looks like..is the case side a custom job? oh, and don't feel bad about your monitor, i just got a 17" yesterday before that, been using 15" LCD @ 1024x768 for seemingly ever.

It was just a joke about the monitor ;) It is an 22 inch model at 1680x1050 and that suits enough for me ;)

Thank you for the compliment. I always turn my systemchase 90 degrees so the longest side is against the cold

wall. Because all is black the desktop looks clear, but not always ;)

If I have a printjob to do, a huge laserprinter fits on the large free room and the office is one out of 1942! You can jump on it without any damage taken.

Pure iron, heavy weight covered with tarpaulin, the same as on my floor.

Very cheap sollution, but it looks nice, more people visiting me says this. It's so easy to realise ;)

If you look good at the left side of the picture, you discover 2 free USB plugs. One is for my

digital camera and the other for the printer.

PS: If you're satisfied about your monitor and you can do what you must do, everything is fine?

I began with a 15 inch CRT monitor and this one already stands on the attic and that very old

thing still works fine and with a very crisp view. A small thing, but always easy to have in stock

in case of .

Edited by Extravert

• 1 month later...

A little update of my desk area. Added the phone, and moved from my Logitech MX3200 to a G15 keyboard and an MX518 mouse. :)

2008-02-18-Desktop_thumb.jpg

Warning! The image on the desktop might not be for the faint of heart... ;)