Post Pictures and Specifications of your computer here!

ripken204

@Zxian(aka DroopieDrawers)- Have you posted pictures of you tower with the HDs suspended by underwear elastic yet? :)

:lol:

I had posted a picture of the hard drives in my server (dubbed Deathstar) a while back (try to find the post about my CM Stacker case), but I'll post up a front-side view of this computer's suspended hard drives later on tonight.

So THAT'S how those Zalman heatsinks go on... I had this all wrong. :o

Nice one Zxian. Is that an ISA slot on the bottom?

I can't wait to post pictures of the two *really old* computers my mother-in-law gave me. :)

Zxian is it just me or does that video card look like it's being slightly bent? The part on the left looks lower than the right.

Correction - that's how Socket A/370 heatsinks go on. ;)

Yes - it's an ISA slot. Really old stuff, eh? And yea, the video card is slightly bent. It was that way when I got the system, but everything works as it is. I'm guessing it's just from the motherboard and rear panel being off by maybe a millimeter or so... *shrugs*

:thumbup ISA! whoo, my board has two ISA, 5 PCI and an AGP slot...thats super old school i guess...i'll have pictures by the weekend i think, my sister is home with her comp so i can take pics and upload them faster.

heres a spoiler:

Soundblaster AWE64 ISA card

USB2.0 PCI card

WMP11 wireless internet PCI card

trendnet ethernet PCI card

GeForce MX/MX 400 32MB AGP card

Dual Pentium II Xeon processors

640MB of SDRAM

DVD+RW DL burner

DVD drive

1x Hitachi Deskstar 40GB drive

1x Hitachi Deskstar 80GB drive

5 Case fans

4 4700RPM fans [two per processor]

1 4500 RPM fan [graphics processor]

Apevia X-Dreamer case with side window

300W PSU

thats the rundown really...its not the newest or coolest [in terms of heat] system there is, but people at my school loved it when they saw it today [music server died at the radio station so i did backup for 6 hours]

it holds up nice, with 4 different clock modes, OC at 503MHz per processor, default at 451MHz per processor, power save at 381MHz, and then another that i haven't tried. its a hot system, and its overheated on me before which is why its got all those fans.

if anyone knows a way to calibrate heat sensors on motherboards, please PM me or something, i have two remote temps that are blazing hot, but i don't know where they are, and i think they may be way off because normally the case interior is about 76-80 F, so i don't understand why it overheats so often at 503MHz.

@Zxian(aka DroopieDrawers)- Have you posted pictures of you tower with the HDs suspended by underwear elastic yet? :)

DL

And here it is...

lusankya_HD_suspension.jpg

It's actually quite easy to do, and once you've got some quiet fans on there, it makes a really big difference to the overall noise levels. :)

ooooh isa

whats the slot just above the isa that is half the size of the pci slot

the suspended hdd reminds me of when i had a hdd on a piece of paper because i didnt have enough room for a third hdd.

It was funny because i would say i have 3 hdd's and people would be like wow you have a lot, than i would admit i had 2x quantum fireball 3gb and 1 x 4gb (seagate?)

i bet i have an older computer than you Jeremy, i have two amstrad CPC 464 which have built in tape drives and 4 colour monitors the screen says its from 1984

and theres the slot that came before isa the 8bit slot, does anyone know what its called

ok

My computers Specs

Aopen case

IBM 6266G6A Motherboard

Pentium III 866Mhz

256MB Smart Modular PC133 SDRAM

15GB Seagate (ST315320A) 7200RPM HDD

40GB Seagate (ST340014A) 7200RPM HDD

LITE-ON DVD-ROM Drive

Nvidia Geforce 4MX 420 PCI

Creative Vibra 128 Soundcard

It's actually quite easy to do, and once you've got some quiet fans on there, it makes a really big difference to the overall noise levels. :)

Nice. Pretty simple and efficient way of doing it. Huh, Fruit of the Loom, who woulda figured.

DL

• 2 weeks later...

it looks good now, i'm thinking of getting UV cables/cathode...depends on the money flow...i'm a pretty cheap DJ right now for my friends [only because i don't have quite everything i should, so i can't really easily charge much [no PA system]]

eventually i'll really trick this thing out...running a pair of PII's isn't as bad as some people would think...its just as fast as my celeron, with more RAM...thats a plus :thumbup