ASPI on win2k3

Has anyone here gotten ASPI to install on server 2003, ive tried a bunch of the adaptec aspi packages and have yet to get one to install, i get a strange error then it exits. I haven't tried any 3rd party aspi drivers or anything like forceaspi yet, but i do need the ASPI layer and this is annoying. :)

Version 4.71 from Adaptec is what I have currently installed on W2K3.

It has to be installed from a command prompt.

The command line should be like this "install.bat xp32" without the quotes. The xp32 is the OS switch.

I think that was the OS switch I used. I don't recollect using the "x86" switch.

Either way, after it finishes run the aspichk.exe and it will tell you if ASPI is installed OK.

If you use Nero then you use aspi to some extent. A particular version is used by Nero for access to drives and CDR's.

It is a free D/L from Adaptec. Almost every modern system will benefit from upgrading to the latest ASPI layer.

Be sure to read the readme.txt in the package. All is explained there.

Do not use the aspiinst.exe to install the ASPI layers. Aspiinst.exe is used from the batch file along with the OS switch to install the correct files.

Did you get the current version from Adaptec?

Did you read the readme.txt file?

Did you run the "install.bat x32" from a command prompt?

If you did and it did not install correctly, did you try "install.bat x86"? One of these commands is correct but I cannot remember which to use for W2K3. Try them both. If it is not the correct switch the only thing that will happen is that it will not install or finish with an error. No harm done.

What errors or messages did you encounter?

Did you run the aspichk.exe to see what version, if any you had installed?

I have installed ASPI on several computers and it has never failed me yet.

yes i have done all of thosde things, none of them have worked, and like i said i also tried doing it myself by manually expanding the wnaspi.dll and aspi32.sys files and then registering them, but that didnt work either, i think that i am going to try a third party aspi layer, or a package like forceaspi that forces it to install.

Why install ASPI ?  :D Everything works just fine, Nero has its own Aspi Model to :rolleyes:

stuff like CDEX mp3 ripper wont work with ASPI drivers installed to :)

quite true Visentinel :D

nero is all i need and its aspi :D

i have a couple of programs asking for aspi, suc as intervideo dvdcopy that i want to use in win2k3 thats why, for nero it isnt a problem and i have long since abandoned audiocatalyst to extract in favor of windows media player and cyberelinks mp3 encoding pack...

• 5 months later...