Nero v7.0.5.4

tempuser

if I use the following order

Nero.msi STARTPARAM=CallFromExe DONOTRUNSETUPX = 1 /QB

my installation demarre but apres some minutes I have itself error message

error at the level of the reseau at the time of the reading attempt of the file c: \windows\installer\21850.msi

There has someone that can help me?

@shark007

thx, but it was without the "

he didnt mentioned that in his post , but for all who try this dont use the " in front and at the end of your serial

SERIALNUM_USERVAL=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

No matter what i try , it keeps installing the whole package.

Edited by muiz

You aren't alone, Muiz. I have played around and am suffering the same issue as yourself. No matter what I do or change, the entire package always ends up installed??!!! Hopefully there will be some followup to this methodology, thanks.

@shark007

thx, but it was without the "

he didnt mentioned that in his post , but for all who try this dont use the " in front and at the end of your serial

SERIALNUM_USERVAL=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

No matter what i try , it keeps installing the whole package.

I'm sorry Muiz But like Shark007 says :

the originally posted instruction, was a batchfile.

shark

Please try with a batchfile and let me know

For me it's working and I don't think it's gonna work with "a REG ADD method" :D

PS IT'S SERIALNUM_USERVAL="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx" WITH THE QUOTES (") in the batchfile method

FOR ME BATCHFILE METHOD (&VBS) IT'S (ARE) THE BEST ERRORFREE&CLEAN METHOD(S) :thumbup (and i know that all of you are gonna jump all over me BUT I'LL STICK WITH IT :P ) FOR ALL PROGS

I had nasty experiences with "REG ADD method" with many progs. :no:

Edited by Mercury_22

Wel can you please uplod your batchfile ( without serial ofcourse )

:blink: start /wait %CDROM%\Nero-7.0.5.4_eng_no_yt.exe /qn /norestart SERIALNUM_USERVAL="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx" NERO_SCOUT=FALSE C2FF8B816=0 C57D52359=0 CD773A6E2=0 C6035F00C=0 C53BEFA20=0 CCB9D5429=0 C7CE8D626=0 CED1EAF52=0 CE38B9E06=0 C82602EE0=0 C7DFFCC12=0 C72CC518F=0 CE72D824A=0

This is my "Batchfile" :huh: as posted before! (%cdrom%=your path to Nero-7.0.5.4_eng_no_yt.exe )

I indeed want to install this from cdrom

So it would be like this ? :

cmdow @ /HID
@echo off

FOR %%i IN (D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%i:\WIN51 SET CDROM=%%i:

start /wait %CDROM%\Nero-7.0.5.4_nld_no_yt.exe /qn /norestart SERIALNUM_USERVAL="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx" NERO_SCOUT=FALSE C2FF8B816=0 C57D52359=0 CD773A6E2=0 C6035F00C=0 C53BEFA20=0 CCB9D5429=0 C7CE8D626=0 CED1EAF52=0 CE38B9E06=0 C82602EE0=0 C7DFFCC12=0 C72CC518F=0 CE72D824A=0

EXIT

Edited by muiz

Yes this is def the best method....worked for me cept nero scout was there. if you found that, it'd be perfect!

one thing I found was that it even though it installed my serial number, it still showed up as Nero 7 demo in Add/Remove (I know, small)

I added this to my autoit script:

RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Installer\Products\CC29092D2DA035B70A09C43C3DA30133", "ProductName", "REG_SZ", "Nero 7")

Yes this is def the best method....worked for me cept nero scout was there. if you found that, it'd be perfect!

one thing I found was that it even though it installed my serial number, it still showed up as Nero 7 demo in Add/Remove (I know, small)

I added this to my autoit script:

RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Installer\Products\CC29092D2DA035B70A09C43C3DA30133", "ProductName", "REG_SZ", "Nero 7")

Disable/Remove/Unregister Nero Scout

See my post here

@muiz

Try to use batch with start "" /wait

May be you are missing out because of it!

@mayang

I am also using method described by you to unregister nero_scout, but only thing is if it could be accomplished using single command of installation!

I indeed want to install this from cdrom

So it would be like this ? :

cmdow @ /HID
@echo off

FOR %%i IN (D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%i:\WIN51 SET CDROM=%%i:

start /wait %CDROM%\Nero-7.0.5.4_nld_no_yt.exe /qn /norestart SERIALNUM_USERVAL="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx" NERO_SCOUT=FALSE C2FF8B816=0 C57D52359=0 CD773A6E2=0 C6035F00C=0 C53BEFA20=0 CCB9D5429=0 C7CE8D626=0 CED1EAF52=0 CE38B9E06=0 C82602EE0=0 C7DFFCC12=0 C72CC518F=0 CE72D824A=0

EXIT

Looks OK Did you try it? :D

As for Nero_Scout i don't think there is a command for the "msi" to not "install" Scout

It looks like Scout it's not a component! Check "nsi.nrd.log.txt" file after install Nero in "path to your Temp folder "\nro.log\log folder

The options for Scout are =0 or =FALSE as far as I can see :whistle: (no pop-up after install)

No not yet , but i will today.

And for nero scout i use :

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{3d6be802-fc0d-4595-a304-e611f97089dc}]
@="Nero Scout"

After the setup , it removes Nero-Scout.

@clavicle

I want to run it from "RunOnce" instead of a batch file.

Edited by muiz