Nero v7.0.5.4

tempuser

If we remove NeroAg_RunFileAssociationsDialog in msi, the installation will not get any error at the end to finalize silent install. But shortcut will not be created in start menu or desktop. Still find some solution.

Hi.

Ok, i've followed the steps in this guide and copied all to my desktop. From cmd i typed "msiexec /a nero.msi" w/o the quotes.

Now the problem is when it starts to copy file it come up with an error asking for a .cab file "3AC46198.CAB"

i've had a look in the CAB folder and there is no such file.

Anyone care to help?

Many Thanks

Worf.

Hi.

Ok, i've followed the steps in this guide and copied all to my desktop. From cmd i typed "msiexec /a nero.msi" w/o the quotes.

Now the problem is when it starts to copy file it come up with an error asking for a .cab file "3AC46198.CAB"

i've had a look in the CAB folder and there is no such file.

Anyone care to help?

Many Thanks

Worf.

I'm guessing you didn't get your extracted files from your temp folder. You probably got them by using WinRAR or something similar to extract the files. When you run the setup, more cabs get generated. That ... or you grabbed files from an older version of Nero (maybe you installed 7.0.12 and its temp directory was still in your temp folder).

That's my best guess anyway.

No, i ran setup so that nero extracts all the files to the temp folder.

Then i copied all of the files in the %temp%\Nero7.tmp\ to my desktop

then ran the cmd.

The temp folder was emptied before i started to make sure i get the right folder.

Ok, I'm having the weirdest issue...

I just downloaded the latest Norwegian update of Nero 7 (Nero-7.0.5.4_nor_no_yt.exe) and unpacked using WinRAR, after running the setup to extract all the needed files the dir got 448mb. I can install it fine using AutoIt, but my problem is that only English is installed!? Even if I manually install the app as normal and select Norwegian it still becomes English!?

Options only list English lang. installed after setup.

I got my customized install to work using this guide complete with using the autoit script posted to deal with the corrupt installation pop ups. (mayang's method does NOT work on this machine ... still get the pop ups and menu entries).

I have two issues I can't figure out ... first I cannot find how to stop the start menu entries from being made (using AdminStudio 6) ... no biggie, I just call a cmd file to delete them.

The second issue is really puzzling to me - oh, I install just Nero Burning ROM and ImageDrive .... when I install using my installer, there is only one drive available in ImageDrive, when I install with the full downloaded package there are two drives available (and install is about 25 MB's larger).

Anyone familiar with this one drive versus two drives in ImageDrive?

TIA - gun

edit: Answered my own question about ImageDrive - it installs with both drives available using the install method in my new post.

Edited by sho_gun

Ok, I'm having the weirdest issue...

I just downloaded the latest Norwegian update of Nero 7 (Nero-7.0.5.4_nor_no_yt.exe) and unpacked using WinRAR, after running the setup to extract all the needed files the dir got 448mb. I can install it fine using AutoIt, but my problem is that only English is installed!? Even if I manually install the app as normal and select Norwegian it still becomes English!?

Options only list English lang. installed after setup.

Try to edit %Temp%\Nero7.tmp\Redist\Config\Config.txt

Section: INCLUDE/EXCLUDE-LANGUAGES

Edit [your language] text:

INCEXCLNG [Your language] USER_LANG or

INCEXCLNG [Your language] ALWAYS

(ex: INCEXCLNG RUS USER_LANG)

Finally, after 3 days i'm playing with Nero-7.0.5.4 msi installer, I can figured out how to bypass the error.

Copy from extracted original sfx installer (Nero-7.0.5.4_eng_no_yt), then make an administrative installation point to extract all files in cabinets. Remove any components we don't want and edit Nero.msi.

At administrative folder, you must make 2 folder (setup & cab) that contain some files needed by SetupX to bypass the error. Then copy SetupX to adminitrative folder as it is a Nero.msi launcher.

1. In Setup folder contents:

APATCH.DLL

EULA_enu

fminf.fml

NeroDelTmp - maybe also can be removed

nps.dll

UninstallNero - - maybe also can be removed

unrar.dll

2. In Cab folder contents:

307C0B60.cab

0AA0A4EA.cab

Only this two cabs is important to pass the error, but you can make a fake cabs for the rest of cabs file.

Thats all you need to do to pass the error during setup using an administrative installation point or from extracted sfx.

Test my silent installer below:

Edit Feb 19 2006: Upload new fixed switchless installer. Problem browse/add file in Nero Express(fixed)

Installer size : 24.6 MB - for detail refer to this post

http://rapidshare.de/files/13606313/Nero-7.0.5.4_eng_silent.exe.html

Good Luck

Edited by mayang

hello 4 all

i think is better to edit the msi file then make the admin install

thanks

Yup.. that is the way i make my switchless installer.

Size is the point, also errors free.

:D

Edited by mayang

Finally, after 3 days i'm playing with Nero-7.0.5.4 msi installer, I can figured out how to bypass the error.

Copy from extracted original sfx installer (Nero-7.0.5.4_eng_no_yt), then make an administrative installation point to extract all files in cabinets. Remove any components we don't want and edit Nero.msi.

At administrative folder, you must make 2 folder (setup & cab) that contain some files needed by SetupX to bypass the error. Then copy SetupX to adminitrative folder as it is a Nero.msi launcher.

1. In Setup folder contents:

APATCH.DLL

EULA_enu

fminf.fml

NeroDelTmp - maybe also can be removed

nps.dll

UninstallNero - - maybe also can be removed

unrar.dll

2. In Cab folder contents:

307C0B60.cab

0AA0A4EA.cab

Only this two cabs is important to pass the error, but you can make a fake cabs for the rest of cabs file.

Thats all you need to do to pass the error during setup using an administrative installation point or from extracted sfx.

Test my silent installer below:

Installer size : 24.3 MB - for detail refer to this post

http://rapidshare.de/files/13364772/Nero-7.0.5.4_eng_mayang.exe.html

Good Luck

cant i get full silent version?