avi files problem

InViSibLe Gr

I know you said that you don't want a lot of useless codecs but I have found that this codec pack is one of the best if not the best one out there. It is called "ACE Mega CodecS Pack 6.03 - Professional Edition" I have used this since it came out and know that it is not full of crap ware (spyware/malware/trojans/virus' etc...) And during install it gives you the choice of what you want installed. Here is the link to it but be aware it is 49.2MB large --

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/ACE_Mega_CoDecS_Pack.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Well K-Lite Mega Codec Pack is really amazing...OK that was just IMO cause I have the freedom to install whatever I want...and the best part is it has all the codecs I need to play any media under the sun.....

So I would really recommend you that but hey its just my opinion....

• 1 month later...

ace mega codec pack isnt a very good option, it is packed full of useless codecs that arent needed and if u are inexperianced and decide to install them all you will get alot of conflicts ( one of my friends tried recommending it to me only to discover this ) K-Lite mega codec pack is more appropriate although you only need the ffdshow, quicktime, realplayer ones to be installed.

of course you could always just use VLC

• 1 year later...