[Question] kaspersky slows down the system.

Woomera

my kaspersky slows down my system so much when i right click anywhere in windows explorer,but i havnt had this problem until 1 weak agoand i didnt change any settings,just updated it. :blink:

anyone knows why is that?

I had that problem with Bit Defender 9.0, just uninstalled it and everything was back to normal :)

ok i fixed my hdd error with norton system work 2006 tools and uninstalled my av and still have the problem.

Actually, to fix that problem, you're required to replace the IDE cable (this also applies to SATA, which uses a narrower cable) Or if using an IDE driver from the chipset manufacturer, please go back to the Microsoft IDE driver. Some IDE drivers are buggy. Had a buggy IDE driver cause Windows to suddenly start BSOD'ing and rebooting.

Also, while your at it, please get SMARTmon tools at: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/smartmo...32.zip?download

and check the SMART values of your HDD!

Edited by RJARRRPCGP

i have two windows,the other one i use for my games and several services disabled.i have no such a problem with that windows and i didnt have in this one since few weaks ago.

its not ide cable,i changed it anyway but no change.and i didnt install any driver for my ide,except the new nforce 6.70 driver and is installed in both of my windows's.

and about the smart feature,its disabled and no option in my bios for it.kinda creepy.

i have two windows,the other one i use for my games and several services disabled.i have no such a problem with that windows and i didnt have in this one since few weaks ago.

its not ide cable,i changed it anyway but no change.and i didnt install any driver for my ide,except the new nforce 6.70 driver and is installed in both of my windows's.

and about the smart feature,its disabled and no option in my bios for it.kinda creepy.

Even when SMARTmon tools says that SMART is disabled, it may still be enabled and it seems to still read the SMART values from the HDD.

actualy i didnt use that utiliy,i hate dos programs.when my system starts after the setup,ide detection screen it says smart is disabled.freaky thing is i dont have any option in the bios for it and my bios ver is F9.

god ****,at last,the problem solved.it was the **** WINDOWBLINDS theme i applied weaks ago i changed to classic theme of windows and bingo everything is cool now,maybe some effect or something.

thanks all of you guys.