IE 7 Vs Firefox, who wins now?

WolfX2

people who want the internet delivered to them are going to stick with IE AOL etc, and theres not much that can be done about those people.

people that want to pull the internet and tailor it for themselves are going to use more advanced browsers such as Firefox and Opera.

Dont forget that Linux users (Yep, they do exist) dont have IE as an option.

The same goes for mac users.

And what exactly do you mean by that? That the Thread starter should have thinked of other OSes?

Well, look at the beggining of this site. MICROSOFT SOFTWARE forum network.

Edited by Gouki

Dont forget that Linux users (Yep, they do exist) dont have IE as an option.

The same goes for mac users.

And what exactly do you mean by that? That the Thread starter should have thinked of other OSes?

Well, look at the beggining of this site. MICROSOFT SOFTWARE forum network.

i seccond that!
Firefox rocks!!
please back your opinion up with reason
Opera wins!!! Second choise is Firefox....

you too

Edited by wolf74481

Opera wins!!! Second choise is Firefox.... :)

Opera wins because it is the most complete browser (for me). During the time Opera wasnt free i have used Firefox but i am not happy with this browser because at every update some extensions dont work anymore and at least i know FF update = Update extensions too and maybe skins too.

Opera dont need extensions because it is already complete, the popupblocker could be set as medium or strong. Also i like the rightclick "Go to this url" or "google at this word" and also like the mouse gestures, also like F11 is FULL screen and not as if IE6 is partly fullscreen, also like the statusbar only popup at the bottom when its active, so my screen stay at the maximum size aviable for my monitor.

Last note about Opera: i have installed MS Antispyware and it always found spyware. With Opera using MS Antispyware never be able to found ANY spyware. So after a few month i dont see the need of MS AS and uninstalled it from my system.

Sidenote is IE7 i dont believe ever give it a try (i am not sure) but as long i have experience with IE5, 5.5 and 6 and Microsoft i dont believe i will switch to IE7.

I believe opensource will always win from MS because opensource listen to us, to our wishes, to people...

I am sure i havent tell all positive things about Opera, but this is enough....

Edited by SolidasRock

well, other than:

1. the fact that opera is visually the most customisable browser

2. Opera 9 TP2 almost passes the Acid2 test! (firefox & IE7 still render it like crap)

3. And Opera9tp2 brings in a whole lot of further enhancements, in addition to whats mentioned below!!!!!

Here's pages full of msfn posts why opera is the BEST:

And finally:

My old posts all over the board is littered with mentions of Opera. :P

Maybe you might find these threads an interesting read to know more about opera?

thoughts for the sick-of-IE

Opera and Firefox 1 .... two .... three

In short:

- goddamn lot of features

- extremely tight-coding so that its not bloated

- security

- web standards truly supported to the max.

- infinite customisability.

- speed.

Its mostly targeted at the power user. Noobs get intimidated by it - which is fine by the primary audience of Opera because:

- the noob needs no features, the smallest change serves only to scare him anyway

- its unlikely he'll pay (because he does not see the value in the product)

Introduction

screenshots

how secure is it

questions about switching to opera

Why Opera ?

Why I love Opera

Why choose the Opera Internet Suite?

Why I prefer Opera over Firefox

Email clients need a kick to the head

........ But here's how the email managing dilemma got solved - Opera's integrated M2 mail/chat/RSS/News reader