Qos -20% bandwidth

Determines the percentage of connection bandwidth that the system can reserve. This value limits the combined bandwidth reservations of all programs running on the system.

By default, the Packet Scheduler limits the system to 20 percent of the bandwidth of a connection, but you can use this setting to override the default.

If you enable this setting, you can use the "Bandwidth limit" box to adjust the amount of bandwidth the system can reserve.

If you disable this setting or do not configure it, the system uses the default value of 20 percent of the connection.

Important: If a bandwidth limit is set for a particular network adapter in the registry, this setting is ignored when configuring that network adapter.

---------------------------------------

To do this (win XP only) type gpedit.msc in the run command line

then go to computer configuration-->Admin. Templates--> network --> Qos ... --->limit reservable Bandwidth

and enable it a 0% :)

Yea thanks for the the refresher...we revealed this to our community a year or so back...

Still, many people don't know that thiss cap exist. So "reminderposts" are required once in a while :)

• 1 month later...
i've never really played around with this stuff.. whats it actually do? :rolleyes:

This sets how much bandwidth i reserved for windows. So Windows basicly steals 20% of your internet bandwidth!!

so more or less, this increased speed of ur internet connection and doesn't download as much perhaps? :)

so more or less, this increased speed of ur internet connection and doesn't download as much perhaps? :)

Yes, more internet speed for you and less for windows! ... The lame thing is that Windows rarely uses the 20% that it grabs! Its only for Windws Update, Codec downloads and the wast amount of backdoors MS have installed :D ... So its basicly worthless to the poweruser! ... My cable conection was limite once, to 4000MB/month and it wasen't exactly handy when I was siting with 5MB left and a week to the next refill and Windows decided to download the last and greatest compiliation of windows updates! Viola! Closed conection for a week! Brilliant! :rolleyes: