I keep on getting disconnected with my router

kurt476

Hi, when i am still connect to the internet my router decides to disconnect me and my bro.

Is there anything on windows xp pro that may bedisconnecting?

could some please list of settings that maybe doing this?

----------------------------------------------------

these are simple questons i'm asking.

This usually tends to happen when either there's a problem with bandwidth saturation or misconfigured routing tables.

The answer to your problem might be what the two of you are doing when these disconnections happen.

Are you using the same software at the same time?

This usually tends to happen when either there's a problem with bandwidth saturation or misconfigured routing tables.

The answer to your problem might be what the two of you are doing when these disconnections happen.

Are you using the same software at the same time?

What in the world are you talking about? Bandwidth saturation does NOT cause disconnections. And routing table misconfigurations would NOT cause disconnections either. Bandwidth saturation simply brings the network transfer and responsiveness to a crawl. And routing table misconfigurations would make it impossible to reach certain destinations, that's all!

Disconnections like these are caused by one of two things... modem signal drop outs or firmware/hardware problem with the router. That's it, that's all.

As jcarle said, saturation (if it exists) could be caused by hardware problems. TCP connections do time out eventually. If network saturation is a symptom, then correct the hardware problem to fix it. The original post assumes the router is causing the problem while the symptoms and conditions are not clearly described.

Disconnections like these are caused by one of two things... modem signal drop outs or firmware/hardware problem with the router. That's it, that's all.

firmware is prolly not the reason since the one that comes with it usually works just fine but the signal drop outs is a big problem.

my dsl was strange. i had 3mb/s and it would disconnect for no reason at all. a dsl guy came over and found out that i am not getting a good signal b/c i am too far away from their base?... so they bumped us down to 1.5 mb/s and now im fine? my friend who lives less than a mile away has the same dsl 3.0mb/s with no dropouts and he is farther away from the base then i am...