Your Help needing in making automatic software installation

:blink::wacko: now i got a new problem. i have integreted updates and hotfixes from a site where all are packed in one cab file this is site http://www.ryanvm.net/msfn/updatepack.html when i have integreted these by nlite and test my iso with virtual pc i got again file missing error cdaudio.sys in the text mode setup at 1% file copying progress do you know what is this happening. tell me i am integreting them in a sp2 winxp pro integreted my self on hdd.

take care

No, I don't know the sollution yet. it looks weird. I know about the Ryan stuff but I actually never used it. So I don't know what is wrong.

Sorry, I can't help you this time. :) but with many testing you will find out what is giving you this problem. It will take some time. So perhaps you can test it without all the software on it. I take all the service packs and integrate them with nlite.

Greetz. :D and Happy searching ;)

Thanks dear friend i will try your suggestion too, but now i am downloading a servicepack3 build from softpedia website for winxp sp2 after downloading it i will first try to integreat its packs in win and if the problem pre exist i will try integreating one by one service packs can you tell me how can i integrate windows genuine advantage validation tool in windows cd i have tried a lot to get the update file to integrate with xp cd but cant find it yet.

:)

hi once again i have come to disturbe you i have tested my first windows xp sp2 integreted unattedned cd in virtual pc its working as i want it to be not i have one problem for which i want your guide line. when windows installation the screen apears to setup windows users accounts and setting etc registeration i want to ask you that how can i hide some user options in this startup like shown in windows i want that windows auyomaticaly select the help protect my pc by turning on automatic updates by default and hide this screen and how do i hide register your windows screen and network setup screen i want windows to ask for user creation windows for user to creat user accounts manualy i dont want to integrate user account auto creation may be you understand what i want to ask.

thanks

post-87025-1139991031_thumb.jpg

To be honnest, I can't answer your questions. I don't know the answer yet. I am looking for them too. :(

by the way, did you found the answer on the missing files problem? I have it too now. I am missing many files now. I don't know, but I found many solutions, but none help.

Greetz, jonathan.

Hi There!

I've read all of your post, and I'm praising you for the big knowlegde, and for to help to each other :thumbup

After I've read this topic I have a few quetions.

- Can I remove a program (ex.: Windows Messenger, Internet Explorer(because I want to use another browser) etc.) from the automated installation if I don't need that? If so how can I do it?

- If my favourite programs are more than one or two cd, can I put in on a DVD? I would like to do an unattended Windows XP SP2 with updates, and my favourite programs, but I think there will be more than1 or 2 cd, and it will be much easier to put it on a DVD.

- Is the Windows Post Installer the easiest way to integrate my programs in the CD? Because I'm not so experienced about DOS commands :blushing:

Thank you for helping for an inexperienced user :D , and sorry for my bad english, I'm Hungarian.

:hello:

nLite is a good proggy to check out. It does a lot of tasks that have been mentioned in this thread (Such as registry tweaks and removing stuff you don't need) but in one program. It will also create your winnt.sif file with everything you need, as well as that all important ISO file at the end (Bootable).

Hmmm.... Wonder if this is a good chance to plug my RunOnceEx replacement Application installer. Oh well, if you're interested it's at http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=65858&st=0

Thanks for the help.

I'll try nLite today, and if there is works for me, I'll try to do the unattended CD.

Will post the result.. :D

What about my CD/DVD problem? Possible to put unatteded windows on DVD?

Edited by HyperMalac

:hello: hey dear i read your message i am also unexperienced user but thanks to jonathan he teaches me every thing i ask him afew are under troubleshoting i have no experience for dvds but you must use nlite, and also learn runonceex.cmd first time i also got trubles and left it but after some practice i guess that its very nice and easy to use also windows post installation is good choice if you want a graphical and selection for the user to install the required or favorite installation in runonceex.cmd there is no option i think to ask for user to what to install and what not it just install all the listed apps or files one by one where wpi will ask for user to install what he needs. but i suggest you learn both the process both are the best at their use i have made my first cd with the help of runonceex.cmd and also included wpi after it. its on you what you like both are good but what i want to do is only possible to use both process. i guarente you that you will 100% become expert in this process if you give some time on reading the articles on the msfn forum and also on the unattended site.

thanks keep up :thumbup

Well well,

I haven been gone for a while, but I see that my friends gave allready a good reply to those questions. Well that is perfect, when you can pass on your knowledge.

@ HyperMalac: yes it works also on DVD, only the booting part can give you some small problems. It takes a long time to boot from a DVD. So sometimes you wont see the message "pres a key to contiue the installation" or something like that. Then just change your bios, that it boots first from cd and then the rest.

Greetings from Jonathan.

• 3 weeks later...

:hello: hi everyone how are you, hope fit n fine. today i want to ask you that i want to make a silent and unaattended office 2003 installation i have tried the office installation process describes on the msfn site but thats doesnt do anything even not a single file is being copied so please help me in that matter for this problem.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

:hello: hey dear friend how are you i got a job for you i am recently trying to replace the windows xp default sounds theme(scheme) files in unattended windows xp cd. here i like to describe that i want to replace default windows sounds with my own sounds i have searched for this but afew of msfn memebers told to put my files in $oem$ folder in media. but i dont want to do this i want to integrate and replace the original files with mine this will save the space in cd.

thanks

take care :thumbup

You're sooooooooo lazy !

1/ create a folder somewhere on your disk. ex: C:\MySounds

2/ copy in it your own_personal_and_so_loved wave files

3/ rename them according to this list :

XPBalln.wav = tooltip

XPBatCrt.wav = critical battery alarm

XPBatLow.wav = low battery alarm

XPBlkPop.wav = pop-up blocked (IE)

XPCrtStp.wav = critical stop

XPDef.wav = default sound

XPDing.wav = Ding

XPError.wav = Error

XPExcl.wav = Exclamation

XPHdFail.wav = hardware failure

XPHdInst.wav = hardware plugged

XPHdRem.wav = hardware un-plugged

XPInfBar.wav = info bar (IE)

XPLogoff.wav = log out

XPLogon.wav = log in

XPMenu.wav = menu command

XPMin.wav = minimize

XPNotify.wav = notify

XPPrint.wav = print complete

XPRecycl.wav = empty recycle bin

XPRestor.wav = restore

XPRingin.wav = ring in

XPRngout.wav = ring out

XPShutdn.wav = poweroff

XPStart.wav = start menu

XPStartU.wav = starting windows

4/ hit start > run and type in "cmd" in the run box, then the following commands :

CD /D C:\MySounds

FOR %w IN (*.wav) DO (MAKECAB /D CompressionMemory=21 /D CompressionMethod=LZX %w)

5/ get the C:\MySounds\*.wa_ files and copy them in the i386 dir

that all folk...

:hello::w00t: no dear i have done my work without HFSLIP slip i just use the methode of compressed files, first i find the wave files in winxp cd which were as given bellow. then i expand them and check out what files they content by using

d:\sounds>expand -r *.*

then i check the files comeout after checking them and satisfying i do my work manualy

i just rename the needed wav files with the event file name such as ballon tool tip was as XPBALLN.WAV which was in the cd as a cab file but renamed as XPBALLN.WA_ then i rename all sounds files i want to replace with then i just make cab file of them by this command

MAKECAB FILENAME.WAV

AND IT MAKES the file as cab with FILENAME.WA_

after that i just copy the cab files i have made and paste inside the i386 folder of xpcd and replace all them by clicking yes to all. that all story i am not lazy but a bit less worker. but i do this with all my efforts because i my self find the files and then test what can i do i have also tested the cd by installing on VM and my sounds realy make noise in the headphone and i am too happy.

thanks

i will post a new job and experiment to do with. thats a fun job and make me more comfortable to do. :thumbup

:hello::w00t: no dear i have done my work without HFSLIP slip i just use the methode of compressed files, first i find the wave files in winxp cd which were as given bellow. then i expand them and check out what files they content by using

d:\sounds>expand -r *.*

then i check the files comeout after checking them and satisfying i do my work manualy

i just rename the needed wav files with the event file name such as ballon tool tip was as XPBALLN.WAV which was in the cd as a cab file but renamed as XPBALLN.WA_ then i rename all sounds files i want to replace with then i just make cab file of them by this command

MAKECAB FILENAME.WAV

AND IT MAKES the file as cab with FILENAME.WA_

after that i just copy the cab files i have made and paste inside the i386 folder of xpcd and replace all them by clicking yes to all. that all story i am not lazy but a bit less worker. but i do this with all my efforts because i my self find the files and then test what can i do i have also tested the cd by installing on VM and my sounds realy make noise in the headphone and i am too happy.

thanks

i will post a new job and experiment to do with. thats a fun job and make me more comfortable to do. :thumbup

bellow is file listing in winxp i385 folder for default windows xp sound scheme (theme)

1.XPBALLN.WA_ CAB File

2.XPBATCRT.WA_ CAB File

3.XPBATLOW CAB File

4.XPBLKPOP CAB File

5.XPCRTSTP CAB File

6.XPDEF CAB File

7.XPDING CAB File

8.XPERROR CAB File

9.XPEXCL CAB File

10.XPHDFAIL CAB File

11.XPHDINST CAB File

12.XPHDREM CAB File