printer problems

barrya

I recently started a thread for a driver for my printer. I is an Epson Stylus color 600. I tried to download the suggested driver for the 640 model as people have advised that it worked with win 2000. Well, it unfortunatly did'nt. I was womdering if some of you out there might know or might tell me where to look in my setting for a config problem or if it might be a port problem. My printer continues to run reaaallll slow, about 2 lines every 15 seconds.:cry

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...

http://support.epson.com/webadvice/wa0303.html

Dude your printer is supported under XP. Read that article. Next thing, do what the guy said. It maybe that you have a bad cable, have you tried replacing it? try to get a USB cabel if its a parallel now, and if its now a USB, get a Parallel adapter. The only other thing I can tell you is to uninstall XP, and reinstall everything. Then post your results.

The printer sounds like the problem. Maybe its junk. Have you tried using the printer on another system? If it works on that other system, then its probably and XP problem.

ANother thing:

Printing speed

Here are a few suggestions for increasing the printing speed:

Make sure your hard disk has a minimum of 30 - 50MB contiguous space available to spool the data to be printed. Run Scandisk to make sure there are no crosslinked files and then run Defrag to see if your hard disk needs to be defragmented.

If MicroWeave is selected, black ink printing is much slower than usual. (Color printing speed is only slightly affected by MicroWeave). Turn off MicroWeave to increase print speed. If you are printing in black ink, select MicroWeave only for presentation quality printing.

Other ways to speed up your printing include turning on High Speed mode, turning off Halftoning, printing in black ink instead of color, and printing at a lower resolution.

Your CPU speed, amount of system memory, application type, document type, and degree of hard disk fragmentation significantly affect printing speed.

Leaving the paper selection lever in the envelope position may also reduce print speed.

and that's all I can offer for now, at least until you post some results here.

Big Booger