XPize, .NET Framwork 2.0, and install order....

Nakatomi2010

So, I've got this Unattended CD that installs .NET Framework 2.0, Java Runtime, Power DVD 5, Google Desktop Search, Google Earth, Google Toolbar, Firefox, Thunderbird, Adobe Reader 7, Ad-Aware SE 1.6, Open Office 2.0, Quicktime, Nero 6.6, Picasa 2, AVG 7, MS Antispyware, and then XPize... In that order...

Now, .NET Framework 1.1 is installed during the SVCPack.inf portion of the setup...

Upon the completion of all of the above software's installing the system waits 2 minutes and then reboots, when the reboot is done the system appears to be fully XPized, except that the startbar hasn't been updated....

Should I have the system reboot to let .NET Framework 2.0 take hold, or is my order alright?

Yeah, the Royale starbar isn't there..... .NET Framework 2.0 is the first thing that's installed, and XPize is the last thing, and in every scenario of everything installed in sequence and then a single reboot, that startbar doesn't get updated... Should I configure my DVD to isntall .NET Framwork 2.0, reboot, then finish the installs?

Neither is the case... It just doesn't do it... I can't explain it really.... Everything goes in the way it should, but the Royale doesn't get put in....

I'll run a few scenarios when I get back into work see what I can come up with.... It's never fun when you create something, put so much time and effort into something, only to discover that you forgot a comma, or a slash... Or anything.... Debugging is no fun... As a bonus though I do get to talk one on one with the developer to try and get ideas where to look... Better to talk to that guy then the guy they pay to talk to you about something they know nothing about...

Thanks for caring about us....

Edited by Nakatomi2010

Neither is the case... It just doesn't do it... I can't explain it really.... Everything goes in the way it should, but the Royale doesn't get put in....

I'll run a few scenarios when I get back into work see what I can come up with.... It's never fun when you create something, put so much time and effort into something, only to discover that you forgot a comma, or a slash... Or anything.... Debugging is no fun... As a bonus though I do get to talk one on one with the developer to try and get ideas where to look... Better to talk to that guy then the guy they pay to talk to you about something they know nothing about...

Thanks for caring about us....

Wow. You are rude as hell.

All i could say to try is double check the intergrety of your windows install, and your current version of .Net. I was having problems and it turned out another program scrwed windows up, and I had to do a clean install of XP.

Wow. You are rude as hell.

:blink:

LOL sorry didnt explain that. He (I assume) is insinuating that XPero is neglecting us and is refusing to aknowledge there is a problem with XPize, which there is not. XPize 4.2 has gone through 2 betas and many debug runs, so i assume that many bugs have been removed.

But since I am here I may as well ask this: Do you have a 64-bit processor? Like I sai, I had problemws with XPize andI think it may have something to do with using the x86 version on .Net 2.0 on a 64-bit machine. If I am wrong, oh well and sorry. :)

I think he means it sounds a bit sarcastic.

I second that. He's not giving me his gratitude, but all the contrary. He thinks I'm lazy to talk about his issue and try to find a solution, which is not true. The thing is that I didn't forget any comma or slash and can't really find out what is wrong. I can't really fix a bug tht doesnt exist in my system. If you want, you can send me money so I can buy a 64-bit cpu and I will try to reproduce your bug and fix it for you...

I was being genuine actually...

I'm sorry.... Didn't think I was coming off negatively...

I honestly meant it as "Thank you for caring about us" as in, "Thank you for actually putting in time and effort in trying to help us as individuals..."

I'm not running these on XP x64 edition, I don't want to take chances screwing it up...

Again, I apologize for sounding sracastic, I honestly meant it, I REALLY do appreciate the fact that you're helping us firgure these things out.... I mean, why would I insult someone who's help I want to continue getitng?

I was being genuine actually...

I'm sorry.... Didn't think I was coming off negatively...

I honestly meant it as "Thank you for caring about us" as in, "Thank you for actually putting in time and effort in trying to help us as individuals..."

I'm not running these on XP x64 edition, I don't want to take chances screwing it up...

Again, I apologize for sounding sracastic, I honestly meant it, I REALLY do appreciate the fact that you're helping us firgure these things out.... I mean, why would I insult someone who's help I want to continue getitng?

Ok, my apologies then. But still dont know how you cant get Royale installed. Maybe if you attach your unattended settings I can try to reproduce the issue.

There is one thing that just suddenly occured to me...

I was having a problem where installing with the XP style startbar (With the list of recently run programs) was not working right, none of the programs appeared, so I told nLite to make it "Classic" startbar, which puts the My Computer icons and such straight to the desktop....

Could something be causing the royale theme to be changed at the end of the install?

I've just installed it with ONLY XPize, and it still didn't install the startbar....

Edited by Nakatomi2010