Overclocked AMD Duron Explodes

Zxian

There's the Kaboom--Too bad they performed the test on only a single PC, with the heatsink removed. Be interested to see how far they could crank the clock with the heatsink installed and fan at full blast (I predict miniature reenactment of 'The China Syndrome' or Chernobyl aftermath).

There's the Kaboom--Too bad they performed the test on only a single PC, with the heatsink removed. Be interested to see how far they could crank the system clock with the heatsink installed and fan at full blast (I predict miniature reenactment of 'The China Syndrome' or Chernobyl aftermath).

Those are really interesting as I had a client bring in her computer that wouldn't work so I could fix it well the AMD Athlon was completely melted as well as part of the Heatsink. I need to show her those so she will learn why you don't unplug the "Noisy Fan"

unfortunatly... these are obviously fake...

in the AMD one there is a guy under the table doing something right before his buddy pulls off the heatsink.

...and the Intel one is ignighted with electronic ignition (like the ones model rockets use)... look closely, you can see the wires for it hanging in the background.

... sorry to spoil your fun though :-|

~Dave