Active Directory problem

N1K

Hi all,

We have a Win2000 native domain with approximatelly 1000 computers. I have a strange problem with my account. I'm part of domain builtin server operators and print operators group but my PC can't resolve my real group membership..

This is screenshot from my account properties:

ad.png

and this is screenshot from my PC:

gp.png

Local domain controller and file server is A22103EF and the group policy is applied from this server..

------------------

we deleted Account in AD and created it again, we removed the PC from domain and added it back again, although it's not a computer problem, it happens on other PC's that I login too..

Restarting, gpudpate /force doesn't seem to help..

Has anyone had this problem and how can I fix this?

Thx...

does anyone else in the same group have the issues that you are having? will the group show up for them? if so maybe the problem lies within your account, check to see if anyone else in that group can see it correctly

If others in the same group have the same problem, then maybe you should take a closer look at the group itself. Check its properties, specifically it's security permissions. Compare the group's permissions to that of other groups. Could be one explanation why it's not showing up when you list membership.

- Ravashaak

does anyone else in the same group have the issues that you are having? will the group show up for them? if so maybe the problem lies within your account, check to see if anyone else in that group can see it correctly

I doubt it's an account issue 'cause we deleted the old acoount and we created a new one..

No one else is member of that groups, and like ravashaak said it could be group problem although it's builtin group..

I'll check tommorow and let you know if I'll fix this problem...