Missing Language solution

jkey

I just found that RC6 removes the languages and keybords that i have unchecked

and does not remove the languages and keyboards that i have checked for removal :wacko:

and i'm thinkging maybe it will work if i chek the languages i want

and leave unchecked the ones that i dont want

does any1 else see that on his cd?

o oooo, will check that out and let you know. Maybe just inverting the wanted selection and it works how it should, maybe. :whistle:

I checked it. You know checking languages and keyboards vice verse is better.

If I check everything as I need I don't have Russian and can't install MUI.

If I check vice verse I still don't have Russian, but MUI installs (with error, but still it's a progress).

MUI needs some keyboard libraries. So maybe we should check keyboards vice verse and languages as designed?

Edited by AltTeo

Thanks a lot, so at least this is THE workaround.

Actually I have even very well guessed that I need to apply the REG file *AFTER* installation

is complete, simply because how otherwise and where can I *apply* the REG file BEFORE first log on to freshly installed XP?.. :thumbup definitely NOT on working XP under which I ran nLine :w00t:

But the main pain is how to modify INTL.inf *BEFORE* the installation (so basically before

creating or burning the ISO to boot setup from) in order to get the choice of Baltic/Cyrillic

in the Regional dialog during graphical stage of setup... :(

Obviously REG file doesn't help at *that* moment, and it seems

only INTL.inf guides the Regional dialog of setup what to display in the lists...

So the trick is to EDIT the INTL.inf before making ISO and running setup,

isn't it, the whole question is WHAT to change/add/remove...

I am asking because You mentioned something very promising and probably close:

first step is to "FIND" something in INTL.inf, that's nice, but now we need the last thing to know:

how to FIX it... By simply searching for 'Cyrillic" in this wrongly-nLited INTL.inf I see a lot

in there about "Russian", but that's something wrongly generated...

I can imagine there are more people who will also say You

Great thanks in advance...

George

And the original solution mentioned in 1-st message in this topic: could we please get real

step-by-step on how to modify INTL.inf (I can FIND string "Cyrillic" but it shows everything is there

OR I have no idea how to understand the INF section names and syntax correctly) and when to use

the attached REG file ?

Use these reg files AFTER Windows install :yes:

well then, can I somehow make them regfiles run auto during the end of the fresh-install ? untill it gets fixed in nLite :D

I've been meditating on this missing-language-problem for a few weeks now :huh:

so basicly these would be the steps for my install ?

1. integrating latest RVM + switchless installers on a fresh XPSP2

2. removing components in nLite (not touching any languages or keyboard layouts), doing all the tweaks and making an unattended setup.

3. making a bootable ISO and then installing from it

4. runing the regfiles as soon as booting the first time and the MANUALLY having to switch the Regional settings under control panel ? :}

the last part sucks :) thou I just tried it and it helps. better then nothing. tnx

Edited by Mad Evil

Hello.

Basically YES, almost exactly, with one good addition: You can REMOVE any un-needed languages

and keyboards, to save some real space on the media, with this REG applied on fresh system it is

not a problem to touch languages and keyboards - I did test very well it DOES NOT MATTER whether

You are removing all except one language/keyboard or leave everything un-touched - the behaviour

is THE SAME, the REG attached to first post helps, so why just keep those a lot of extra megs inside

the ISO if You are doing this only for particular PC(s) with the same languages needed?..

The only thing I did NOT test - vice-versa removal as mentioned here above, so remove what

You actually need and leave what You don't need, but as I see above - it makes not that much

difference anyway, conslusion is probably with RC6 whatever You left ot remove makes no sence

for those un-lucky Cyrillic and Baltic language groups...

GeorgeR

well then, can I somehow make them regfiles run auto during the end of the fresh-install ? untill it gets fixed in nLite :D

I've been meditating on this missing-language-problem for a few weeks now :huh:

so basicly these would be the steps for my install ?

1. integrating latest RVM + switchless installers on a fresh XPSP2

2. removing components in nLite (not touching any languages or keyboard layouts), doing all the tweaks and making an unattended setup.

3. making a bootable ISO and then installing from it

4. runing the regfiles as soon as booting the first time and the MANUALLY having to switch the Regional settings under control panel ? :}

the last part sucks :) thou I just tried it and it helps. better then nothing. tnx

Any final statement is this done by RVM UP 2.0.2a or by something new in nLite RC6?

deffinetly not RVM's "fault" - tried a fresh xpsp2 with RVM integrated (using Ryan's integrator) and with the default windows setup - everything worked fine (regional stuff)

but I've had this problem 100% sure since RC5, thou don't remember if it also was with RC4 and earlier

Edited by Mad Evil

btw I've just entered those regfiles jkey provided into GuiRunOnce so they autoexec on the first logon and also preconfigured the regional settings to whatever I need in nLite - during the first boot the cmd launches bla bla whatever (takes like 2 secs) and I already have the regional settings set (location, standars and formats and also the keyboard layout) so it's all good :D

thou I still have to change the timezone manually during the install even if I had preconfigured that into winnt.sif, but I guess there might be some more posts about it. if not, I'm gonna start bugging people :D

Hello.

Look, colleagues, what we've got today:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=67102

Wow... On first look - looks very promising, but these days, weekend and

whole next week I do not have physical time to implement this nice idea.

Could anybody play a short rock'n'roll according what is advised

to CHECK how it is, especially with Cyrillic/Russian, does it helps DURING the setup or not e.t.c.?

I would say big thanks...

As I am not sure I will have time for the test this and next week including weekends..

GeorgeR

Hi GeorgeR,

I think you can try with this command line to install cyrillic language pack :

rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection LG_INSTALL_5 128 <Not Nlited xpcd>\i386\intl.inf

cheers,

Donbi

PS : I've tryed with the all the alg0* ,the LANG folder and intl.inf of a not nlited xp cd and this in winnt.sif

[RegionalSettings]

LanguageGroup=13,17,3,2,5,16,4,12,15,7,8,10,11,9,6,14,1

Language=0000040c

and it works... I have all language packs installed...

Edited by donbi

Hi,

thanks...

But please see my short report in

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=67102

(original topic You've started).

QUESTION: WHEN to use this command line and sould I combine it with adding those *.dl_ and *hl_ and adding entries in TXTSETUP.sif ?

I mean how to use that rundll32 command - BEFORE even starting nLite, AFTER finishing nLite but

before creating final ISO and booting the setup, or AFTER setup is completed?

After setup is completed - the attached REG file (1-st post here) helps perfectly,

the MAIN question/problem is *BEFORE* creating final ISO make setup's Regional dialog work properly.

Of course assuming I am NOT running Regional page un-attended as the rest of setup...

As I told already REMOVING or leaving keyboards and languages seems makes no difference,

what I did NOT check is Your trick (1-st post in the other topic) if I leave all languages and keyboards,

I only did one test removing everything except Russian (and English of course).

thanks for any help...

George

Hi GeorgeR,

I think you can try with this command line to install cyrillic language pack :

rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection LG_INSTALL_5 128 <Not Nlited xpcd>\i386\intl.inf

cheers,

Donbi

PS : I've tryed with the all the alg0* ,the LANG folder and intl.inf of a not nlited xp cd and this in winnt.sif

[RegionalSettings]

LanguageGroup=13,17,3,2,5,16,4,12,15,7,8,10,11,9,6,14,1

Language=0000040c

and it works... I have all language packs installed...

hi,

If you specify in the command line the path of a NOT nlited cd (original XP CD) the rundll32 command line is for repairing an already installed xp...

rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection LG_INSTALL_5 128 <NOT Nlited xpcd>\i386\intl.inf

To help you to identify missing files in your cd you can do th following :

copy sources of a NOT nlited xp cd in a folder ex c:\XPSP2 and put your nlited cd in your drive and run

rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection LG_INSTALL_5 128 c:\XPSP2\I386\intl.inf

this would help you to identify the missing files...

Donbi

Edited by donbi

Ah... OK, I see. But in BOTH cases - this command line will NOT do the DREAM:

to fix the *ISO* content *BEFORE* setup but will fix or change the RUNNING system, correct?

If so - You can see the *.REG file attached to the 1-st post... I checked it works pretty fine,

fixing also freshly installed system. So what is the point to use rundll32 invoking SetupAPI directly

instead of just running this *.reg file once?..

If you specify in the command line the path of a NOT nlited cd (original XP CD)

the rundll32 command line is for repairing an already installed xp...

rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection LG_INSTALL_5 128 <NOT Nlited xpcd>\i386\intl.inf

To help you to identify missing files in your cd you can do th following :

copy sources of a NOT nlited xp cd in a folder ex c:\XPSP2 and put your nlited cd in your drive and run

rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection LG_INSTALL_5 128 c:\XPSP2\I386\intl.inf

this would help you to identify the missing files...

Donbi

Any final statement is this done by RVM UP 2.0.2a or by something new in nLite RC6?

deffinetly not RVM's "fault" - tried a fresh xpsp2 with RVM integrated (using Ryan's integrator) and with the default windows setup - everything worked fine (regional stuff)

but I've had this problem 100% sure since RC5, thou don't remember if it also was with RC4 and earlier

I can also confirm that it's definately not the RVM pack. Using RVM integrator and changing nothing else except supplying the WINNT.SIF containing the langauge setup required sets everything up correctly.

I setup United Kingdom as the default and also requested Russian to be installed. UK is the default, Russian is installed and US is also there. Keyboard and languages are all set correctly.

I think someone mentioned timezone problems too. I confirm that GMT is set correctly as requested in WINNT.SIF.

Now to try using nLite for everything else except Language removal...

Interestingly, after using the RVM integrator nlite finds the additional languages. I don't think it did this before.

Anyway, I'm using nLite to remove langauges and keyboards I don't need (after using RVM to integrate) so we'll see what happens...

Ok it works!!

1. Use RVM to integrate UpdatePack

2. Use nLite to customise (except for UpdatePack) Everything works fine

3. No langauge bar appears but checking the settings shows that UK is the default and US and Russian are installed as I expected. I'd like to remove US but will sort that later. I think I saw a regtweek to do that somewhere.