Wher is Gurgelmeyer?

Electrician

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Gurgel,

You must keep yourself fit to continue contributing to this elite community, of which you are one of the pioneers. :yes: What I can suggest that you take your eyes off the computer monitor for at least one hr a day and do yoga or exercise.

Regards

Edited by Saks

• 2 weeks later...
Dear Gurgel,

You must keep yourself fit to continue contributing to this elite community, of which you are one of the pioneers. :yes: What I can suggest that you take your eyes off the computer monitor for at least one hr a day and do yoga or exercise.

Regards

I could give it a try I guess :yes:

/G B)

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Gurgel,

Regards

I could give it a try I guess :yes:

/G B)

I think that, based on what I read in his profile, he's getting more than enough exercise! ;)

• 2 months later...

Hi Gurgelmeyer,

soneone in another forum recently asked how can we "help" UPDATE.EXE overcome the /integrate problem.

Here's the quote-

Sorry for the late post, but it's only now I stumbled upon this topic on google.
You'll need to "help" UPDATE.EXE overcome this and similar other "shortcomings" just to make it do anything at all btw.
How do we 'help' update.exe? Because executing i386\update\update.exe /Integrate:D:\XP fails and says that you need to use /integrate with the original package.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi :)

I've been at the hospital for a while, but I'm back and I'm going to fully recover so I can make USP's for you guys :D

Hi Gurgelmeyer,

soneone in another forum recently asked how can we "help" UPDATE.EXE overcome the /integrate problem.

Here's the quote-

Sorry for the late post, but it's only now I stumbled upon this topic on google.

You'll need to "help" UPDATE.EXE overcome this and similar other "shortcomings" just to make it do anything at all btw.
How do we 'help' update.exe? Because executing i386\update\update.exe /Integrate:D:\XP fails and says that you need to use /integrate with the original package.

Thanks.

You need to use the version of update.exe contained in my USP 5.1 - AND you need to wrap it in a "real" SFX:

1. Find a hotfix with SFXCAB version 5.5.31.0

2. Remove the digital signature from the hotfix; use the ImageEnumerateCertificates() and ImageRemoveCertificate() functions exposed through imagehlp.h

3. Truncate the unsigned hotfix at offset 0x8800

4. Make your .CAB file, and open it in a hex editor; locate the entry for the program that you want to run automatically upon extraction, and OR the attribute byte (two bytes before the first char in the filename) with 0x40

5. Store the size of the .CAB file as a DWORD at offset 0x7C18 in the truncated hotfix .EXE

6. Append the .CAB file to the .EXE file (you will not need the .CAB file anymore now)

7. Store the size of the .EXE in the .EXE itself as a DWORD at offset 0x0168

8. Append any zero bytes necessary to the .EXE file so its size becomes a multiplum of 512

9. Substract 0x7E00 from the size of the .EXE, and store the result as a DWORD at offset 0x0228 in the .EXE itself

10. Update the PE checksum

/Gurgelmeyer B)

Welcome back /G may your recovery be swift and without glitches now....

Thanx :sneaky: I'm my good old self again and cant wait to get busy - already made a refresh build of 5.02 and 5.1 with all new fixes. I really want to solve the MSI-setup problem too before releasing it.

/G B)

Welcome back /G may your recovery be swift and without glitches now....

Thanx :sneaky: I'm my good old self again and cant wait to get busy - already made a refresh build of 5.02 and 5.1 with all new fixes. I really want to solve the MSI-setup problem too before releasing it.

/G B)

This may help you with the MSI problem. http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?...ighlight=dotnet

A way has been found to do MSI setups from SVCPACK.INF. I have done it myself and it works. See also http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2249

Edited by slippykillsticks