Wher is Gurgelmeyer?

Electrician

Seems no one has heard from you. You have mentioned medical problems in the past.

If you are where you can read this, I hope you are resting and NOT ill!

I will ask the great spirit to look over you! (Don't get your hopes up - I am an just an old geek and

not on the best terms with the 'big guy') :hello:

Anyone KNOW?

The HFSLIP forum hereby sends strippers and two kegs of Guiness and Newcastle to Gurglemeyer in this forum. The strippers have been instructed to make chicken soup between resuscitative efforts :D

Get well, dude

:hello:

- Your fellow Windows hackers, right down the hall and to the left here at MSFN

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for caring, guys!! I feel much better at the moment - I even managed to fix this old wreck of a PC, which seems to have been in an even worse condition than me.

So all the strippers and the nice ale is for real and not a hallucination caused by my medication - sweeeet - that explains some things :rolleyes::blushing::rolleyes: - thanks to fdv and the rest of the HFSLIP crew :D

Edited by Gurgelmeyer

Oh My! I didn't even know Gurgelmeyer was ill! :blushing: I hope you are feeling spry, well, happy and having fun Gurgelmeyer -- if not this very moment, real soon!

You've definately achieved the vaunted status of one of the top Gurus of Windows System Internals. Your contributions, hard work, and generosity have helped literally tens of thousands and that's a fact!

What ever is keeping you down, get well soon! This forum would not be the same without you!

:wub:

Edited by hoak

Thanks for your support, guys. I'm happy to be here :)

I feel better at the moment. My heart has suffered permanent damage, and that's all I know and all I want to know. On the bright side, I have more time for doing the things I like, such as USP's, spending time with friends and relatives, and listening to music.

Best regards,

Gurgelmeyer B)

PS - RyanVM - I'm still looking into the 300 .cat-files problem on XP from time to time. I'd like to get rid of the svcpack.inf in my own USP's too while I'm at it.

Edited by Gurgelmeyer

Glad you're back in the saddle Gurglemeyer! I don't want to trivialize coronary health in anyway; heart disease is chronic in my family; my Grandfather suffered no less then fifteen heart attacks and suffered massive cardiac damage, but lived to a ripe (in more ways then one) :D and active age of 82.

Coronary medicine and proceedure is one of the most results oriented and successful fields of contemporary medicine -- so my hopes are high that your future will be long and bright, and that we can look forward to a Hotstream Project to address some of the many 'ouches' on the soon to be retired Windows Server 2003!

Even if your priorities change, and fixing the many flaws of Windows System Internals that only you've been able to address -- you have many greatful Fans for all you've done with the Windows 2000 Hotstream Project!

:)

Thanx :D

Almost finished USP 5.1 SR-1 (build 19) - had to do something easy to get back on track after two computer crashes and a month or two of illness... just need to look into the DOS setup. This build seems to speed up windows a bit compared to SP4 - but I might be imagening things :whistle: - anyway public RC available soon.

Best regards,

Gurgelmeyer B)

Thanx :D

Almost finished USP 5.1 SR-1 (build 19) - had to do something easy to get back on track after two computer crashes and a month or two of illness... just need to look into the DOS setup. This build seems to speed up windows a bit compared to SP4 - but I might be imagening things :whistle: - anyway public RC available soon.

Best regards,

Gurgelmeyer B)