View PST?

Murman

Hello,

I've been searching the forums and so far nothing has tuned up for me. I have a PST file I had from a few years ago I need to view. How ever I no longer have Outlook but I use Outlook Express. Is there an easy way to import the PST into Outlook Express? when I try to import I get and error "Messages cannot be impoterd from MAPI client.

Or

Is there free PST viewer?

Thanks in advance.

You can't import a PST file into Outlook Express... Outlook Express specifically uses DBX files and theoretically can't be imported... There might be a way however of which I don't know.

You'll have to install Outlook and add the PST file as a seperate data file. Thats the only way I have found to do it... Or you could import it into Outlook, but yeah.

You can't import a PST file into Outlook Express... Outlook Express specifically uses DBX files and theoretically can't be imported... There might be a way however of which I don't know.

Sure you can, if you open outlook express, go to File/ Import/ Outlook is an option. It converts the PST into a DBX.

Problem is for me is you need Outlook already installed and I don't. I even read somewhere that if I have a MAPI client installed it might be possiable to import from ourlook to outlook express.

Also a viewer is fine but I can't send alot of money.