sms

rjz

What are the main differences between these 2 System Management Server and the small b server?

I have a network with 75+ computers and 1 with ess than 20. Would 1 of these be a better choice?

It's two different products..

Systems Management Server (SMS) 2003 provides a comprehensive solution for change and configuration management for the Microsoft platform, enabling organizations to provide relevant software and updates to users quickly and cost-effectively. SMS 2003 SP1 provides the following key capabilities:

-Application Deployment

-Asset Management-

-Security Patch Management (SUS or WUS alternative)

-MobilityDeliver

-Windows Management Services Integration

Improvements in these areas enable enterprises to effectively manage software, from devices to data centers, on the Windows Server System platform.

----------------------

SBS can include several M$ products, Exchange, ISA, SQL, Frontpage...

Small Bussines Server 2003 offers firewall service, and remote-access service. Additionally, it includes Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, enhanced tools for server monitoring and administration, and an out-of-the-box solution for internal Web sites. The standard edition is ideal for customers who do not require the higher-level functionality included in the premium edition.

The premium edition includes everything in the standard edition, plus Microsoft SQL Server 2000, Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2004, and Microsoft FrontPage 2003. The premium edition is ideal for small businesses with more demanding IT needs, such as data-intensive line-of-business applications, or advanced firewall and Web-caching capabilities.

TY :) I need the updates ervice badly. I hope we can get that at my work.

Does this sus wus alternate provide a rollback feature for bad updates to clients?

As far as I know it doesn't, but I still haven't tested it :huh: