Extract PackagefortheWeb 2.1 contents?

durex

Ive got this program which appears to have been created with PackagefortheWeb 2.1, that Im having an issue installing silently. If I extract the contents of the exe with Winzip or winrar and use the necessary switches (/s /a /s /sms /f1:"iss file"), it works without an issue.

If I try, however, to use these parameters with the single exe package, the silent install fails. Ive tried "recording" installation sessions (with the /r switch) using both the single exe package and the extracted contents- both methods create the setup.iss without issue and either files work without issue when using the silent switches with the extracted contents.

So basically I need either 1 of 2 things - either to figure out how to get the single exe to install silently, or how to extract the contents via command line to some temp directory so I can install silently using it.

Repackaging it or simply extracting the contents manually with winzip/winrar is not an option.

Thanks a ton in advance guys.

I've never messed with a PackgefortheWeb installer before, so it's be difficult for me to help out with this without being able to analyze and actual executable. There's some discussion of PackagefortheWeb silent installation at this site: http://unattended.sourceforge.net/installers.php, but it looks like you already tried that approach. The only thing different I can see is that you have a colon in your /f1 parameter. Try running it without the colon.

Can't think of anything else without being able to do some testing on my own. Perhaps you can find a free or shareware application using the same installer that you could link to?

• 1 month later...