[Help] - install Win XP problems

anniem

I want to install Win XP pro on a computer.

The files are loaded and when you have to select on which partition you want to install Win XP everything stops. I changed already the HD, the CD-reader, removed some RAM (originally 256 MB - 128 MB pc133 - 128 MB pc100) and left only the 256 MB. The problem stays the same, after loading the files everything stops. Can somebody help me with a resolution? Thanks

Title Edited - Please follow new forum rules from now on

-- Martin L

Power-On Self Test--the PC information & memory test immediately following OEM splash screen (or it may be the first thing appearing). Hit DEL, try to access the BIOS and review settings, or simply try the procedure with another keyboard.

So, you think it's the keyboard. It's a simple one that I always use for my tests and installations and that never failed. I'll try with another keyboard. I already reset the BIOS, no use. I read something about ACPI but I didn't understand very well. Could it be that what causes my problem? What does ACPI? Do I have to enable or disable?

The processor is AMD Athlon 1,7 GHz

Are you crashing BEFORE you get to pick the partition, or would that be the next logical step?

Also, maybe switch the 256 stick you have in w/ your other stick.

If it is crashing BEFORE you get to the partition, you may have a problem w/ the hard drive, and need to replace it(or swap it out temporarily to make sure). I had a bad Raptor that once hung there...

-Kaistlin