Battlefield2 SF on 64 bit XP

Anheuser

I recently made the switch to 64 bit only, single boot, XP. I have had a duel boot system for a month and was pleased with my 64 bit experience. I had only one driver missing, HP printer of course.

After everything was installed, I was ready to my game on. BF2 installed seemlessly. Simple test run went smooth. Now to get SF installed, this is where the trouble began. EAs site says I must be running XP to download the downloader. I knew this was total bs. I went to my kids computer and downloaded the downloader. I was going to transfer the file directly to my 64 bit computer. But, firewalls and sharing, and walking between 2 floors, I knew there is a better way. I remembered the file name in my head. "ead-installer.exe"

:realmad: Your PC is not running Windows XP operating system, so it cannot support the EA downloader application. The EA downloader is necessary to deliver your game. If you have already purchased this game on another PC, your copy is still valid on any PC running Windows XP, but it cannot be downloaded to this particular PC.

So, Google as my home page I did the obvious. Only one link showed up from the .be domain. It helped greatly as it contained another direct link to EAs copy of its downloader.

http://files.ea.com/downloads/eacore/ead-installer.exe

Now dont get me started about the available bandwidth EA is giving us.

hmm I just built a new system consisting of a gigabyte ga-g1975x mb and Pent D 820 cpu running win 64 bit bf2 and SF installed fine from cds just got a error message stating that this game has only ben tested for 32 bit OS's

I rember reading on eiather eas forums or totalbf2.com that EA has no plans on releasing a 64bit version due to the fraglity of the engine but I cant see why they would not release a patch for the installer

my only sugestion is find a frined wit hte cds and borrow them . your install key should work