Can't install Vista 5270 on Dell XPS 600

Stressed

I've been trying to load Windows Vista Beta 2 Build 5270 onto a Dell XPS600 without success. My system is running a 3.2GHz Dual-Core Pentium processor, 2GB of RAM, and a 500GB SATA drive using a NVIDIA nForce4 Serial ATA RAID Controller (not running RAID at this time).

When I attempt to install the OS it initially loads some files and then reboots over and over again. I suspect it cannot deal with the NVIDIA RAID controller (i.e. - no drivers), but I can't seem to find any that will work. Has anyone else experienced this and gotten around it??? If so, how did you do it?

NForce 4 has had many many issue with working on Vista, you may not be able to get it running through that SATA drive, if you ahve a IDE port still on that board you can try hooking up a IDE HD and see if it will pick that up but i suspect the NForce to be the culprit

well A) never had any problems with NF2 and anybuild of vista / longhorn. B)I have good reason for hating dells. I have purchased over 340 of them (some for corporate network, some for home use) about 2 thirds of them have gone bad. I only buy Elonex Machines now.

well then you might have a good reason for not liking dell, but the matter is still with the chipset, like you said you have it running on a NF2 chipset where as the NF4 is the one in question. try it with a NF4 mobo and see if you can get it running. It might be possible but i have yet to find drivers or a method that will work

well then you might have a good reason for not liking dell, but the matter is still with the chipset, like you said you have it running on a NF2 chipset where as the NF4 is the one in question. try it with a NF4 mobo and see if you can get it running. It might be possible but i have yet to find drivers or a method that will work

no issues here with it on a nF4 or nF3