WinPE 2.0

Mcfly000

I can see that coming with this build, I like the fact that they allowed winpeshl.ini to call more than one program.

I keep getting an error that all the winpe.wim's have been prepped (/prep) anyone else?

Edited by likuidkewl

I can see that coming with this build, I like the fact that they allowed winpeshl.ini to call more than one program.

I keep getting an error that all the winpe.wim's have been prepped (/prep) anyone else?

Me too. Though it boots just fine and it looks good. And of course already hit the driver problems.

testing...testing:)

when you add a package with the peimage it looks like it preps the the folders at that point, not sure if this is for sure or not, just an observation

WAIK is now available at the Connect website, it is huge 1,242MB.

I cannot find WAIK at the Connect website. Where can I find it please?

Has anyone built a WinPE 2.0 bootable CD yet? I notice the big CAB file in the WAIK image but never found out how to make that into a bootable image/CD. If anyone had any success please share with the group. Thanks.

Sure. There are a few wims inside tha cab. I built my pe cd from there for i386 architecture and the procedure described in the docs sort of worked. Except for some missing device drivers as always.

So.. read the docs.. it's all there. Step by step.

Sure. There are a few wims inside tha cab. I built my pe cd from there for i386 architecture and the procedure described in the docs sort of worked. Except for some missing device drivers as always.

So.. read the docs.. it's all there. Step by step.

Thanks. I found the procedure you were talking about and mad ethe first bootable CD. However, it would not get past the winloader.exe stage. I used the boot.wim file from the VISTA DVD. I think other people ran into the same problem too. How did you create your bootable CD? Please let me know. Thanks.

followed the same instructions that you did, from teh help file, i copied the boot.wim to my working folder and tehn applied to to the build folder, added the files that i needed and installed the packages witht peimg, the /prepped the folder, at that point i compressed it back to a wim and it worked fine, i got the error that you were speaking of the first time, recopied my files from the windows AIK folder to the directory i was working with, reran through the steps and it worked the second time, i will try it again and see if i can recreate the error

Sammy,

While he said it a bit quickly, Fizban has the answer. The problem is the last step of the Windows PE help file tells you to perform an XIMAGE /Export on the WIM file you created. Don't do that, because you lose it's bootable format. Just copy it straight into your Sources folder rather than doing the export.

That'll fix your Winload issue.

Sammy,

While he said it a bit quickly, Fizban has the answer. The problem is the last step of the Windows PE help file tells you to perform an XIMAGE /Export on the WIM file you created. Don't do that, because you lose it's bootable format. Just copy it straight into your Sources folder rather than doing the export.

That'll fix your Winload issue.

Alright! Thanks for your help. I will try it first thing in the morning.

How far did everyone get with WDS? ;)