What Not To Remove For Some Programs

mraeryceos

Ultravnc service needs Terminal Service to properly work per my experience.

Although ultravnc will install if terminal services is disabled upon reboot the server component won;t properly load. Upon activation of terminal services after a reboot the service load properly.

Have you tried to see if u can just remove the dependency?

• 1 month later...

Hi,

for my wireless connection, if I want to make Windows "repair" it, I need these services :

connection manager : works if set to "manual", however it is always started as soon as network is running so I personally set it to "automatic"

cryptographic services : I just discovered about this one today. If it is not running, Windows cannot even disable the adapter. If set to "manual" but is not running, Windows don't start it so it fails. I used to set it to "manual", however I remember I always seen this service running. Should be started by Windows at boot. Now will set this one to "automatic"

network location awareness (NLA) : the same as cryptographic service except it is not adapter disabling that fails, but the the IP acquisition step. repair process hangs.

DHCP client : again the same except it is final registration step that fails. displays a message box "failed at DNS register". and DNS client nearly the same, it fails just before, at releasing the previous DNS set.

as you can see, crypto, NLA, DNS and DHCP are called at different steps of the repair process. I think these services might be crucial for wired connections too. Also, I've already constated removing too many network-related components can lead to serious issues, like impossibility to accept incoming connection requests (server-oriented apps).

about my config : manually set adresses, no DHCP server on the network, do not use the Windows wireless assistant, no WEP or WPA

regards

Edited by OuTmAn

to begin, try if working with non-nLited install

some advices:

cmd run "ipconfig /a", look at results

(is your interface up and assigned with correct addresses?)

ping 127.0.0.1 (localhost)

ping hosts of local network

ping known internet IP like 208.67.222.222 (this one is OpenDNS server)

Edited by OuTmAn

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys! Could anyone please tell me what network components should keep for a broadband internet conection using PPPoE? Everytime I install the os I need to creat this connection with a username and password. Thanks in advance.

pppoerf5.jpg

Edited by Hybrid Keyrayder

• 2 weeks later...

It would be wonderful if people stopped pasting their session files and started attaching them. Nowadays it is very hard to find relevant information about components nLite can remove since searching includes the text pasted from session files.

• 1 month later...

By applying the bellow tweak...

[Tweaks] -> Start Menu -> Disable and remove Documents list from the Start Menu.

will also remove the BMP pic from the start menu, the one that show your Windows Version (Vertical) when using Classic theme.(classic Start Menu).

I'm not really sure why (maybe nLite bug??) as that should not happen.

Edited by alfa1