Office 2003 SP2 splitstreaming

the_yeti

Hye,

The switch for the splitstreaming of the SP1 worked perfectly, but now will do the same for the SP2, but the last command line for the msiexec did not work ... could someone help me :

The original command is :

C:\Download>msiexec /p c:\Download\SP2\MAINSP2ff.msp /a c:\Download\Microsoft Office\PRO11.msi SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb

And this one did not work any more with the SP2 .... :blushing:

Sincerely

Vincety

Edited by the_yeti

You knew it for years? Is that why you call it "splitstreaming"? :lol:

Nevertheless, SLIPstreaming the SP's for Office never gave me problems. Perhaps you should RE-read the link you've know for years already.

Edited by enuffsaid

First of all, make sure your files are in fact in those locations. :rolleyes:

C:\Download\SP2\MAINSP2ff.msp

C:\Download\Microsoft Office\PRO11.msi

If not, maybe try putting quotes around the second path (since you have a space between Microsoft and Office).* So...

C:\Download>msiexec /p c:\Download\SP2\MAINSP2ff.msp /a "c:\Download\Microsoft Office\PRO11.msi" SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb

*I'm kind of new with command line scripting, so if this is a newbie suggestion... :blushing:

It's been a while now since I've had to patch Office 2003 with SP2, but I seem to remember that SHORTFILENAMES=True is not necessary. In fact I don't think it was with SP1 either. I think that was only for Office XP and 2000. If you look inside of the Files directory in your AIP, you'll notice the subdirectory "Program Files" instead of the old Office XP "PFILES".

And here's a tip for you. Put your .msp file inside of the directory where your AIP is and run your msiexec from there. That way you don't have to worry about typing out all those paths ;)