[Question] - Icon Text Background colour showing.

chiners_68

Hi All,

My icon text is showing a background colour (blue) & is not transparent. How can I set it so the text of an icon is seen over the background as if he text box is transparent?

hope this makes sense.

I have set backgrounds before an its been ok but since Ive set a custom theme its taken it upon itself to put a blue text bacground on my icons.

Title Edited - Please follow new forum rules from now on

-- Martin L

Edited by Martin L

Right click My Computer --> Advanced --> Permormance Settings --> Visual effects --> check the "use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" box..

This should remove the background on icon text..

• 1 year later...
Right click My Computer --> Advanced --> Permormance Settings --> Visual effects --> check the "use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" box..

This should remove the background on icon text..

What do you do when that doesn't work? Or it does work in safe mode. checking and unchecking the "use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" does remove and add the boxes in safe mode. Alas it has no effect in normal mode. Re installing the video driver didn't work. Even changing from a Nvidia to an ATI Video card didn't work. Playing around with all the selections doesn't help either. Would obtaining a Plus Pack and installing new themes fix it?