My MSFN username stands for...

Lazy8

What's in a name?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. My MSFN user name represents:

• Vocation - Professional field, status or title.
    • Avocation - Fads, obsessions, hobbies, and off-duty pursuits.
    • Location - Anything connected to a physical place.
    • Reputation - Nickname, alius, nom de guerre, or other informal name.
    • Designation - First, last, hereditary, or other formal name.
    • Rumination - Jargon or witticism not quite fitting in previous categories.
    • Dissociation - The 'other' category (please tell us more)

• 3 weeks later...

Mine started out as wolfangel in the very early days of Diablo on battle.net

Then I left the scene for a while and when I came back everyone was using the name.

Now as I like the David Eddings books, I started using Belgarath, then I left for a while again wtih the same result. Now I use oldwolf, Im getting older and I love wolves too, so it made sense.

Been using it for about 4-5 years now. Also use wolfdark a bit in other places too.

My nickname comes from the type of person i am.. Which can be really nice or i can turn in moments noticed.

I just toss the 6 on the end because i normally use Sn4k3 but i couldn't remember my password or the email that i registerd it with..

draug, old norse "draugr", a ghost, the dead living in the mounds. In christian times used for a deceased who did not rest in peace, and came back and haunted the living. Along the northern norwegian coastline the ghosts of people who lost their lives at sea. (caplex.no)

basically, "ghost" in old norse. The "coming back from the dead" part has some similarities to the vampire myths as well.

picked this about 4-5 years ago.

(yeah, i'm norwegian)

draug, old norse "draugr", a ghost, the dead living in the mounds. In christian times used for a deceased who did not rest in peace, and came back and haunted the living. Along the northern norwegian coastline the ghosts of people who lost their lives at sea. (caplex.no)

basically, "ghost" in old norse. The "coming back from the dead" part has some similarities to the vampire myths as well.

picked this about 4-5 years ago.

(yeah, i'm norwegian)

hmm.. i must say that i've never heard of that before.. but i've heard of the 'toilet draug' ('Do Draugen' in norwegian).. a monster that came up from the toilet when ppl where s*itting.. something people used to scare us with when we was little kids.. hehe..

My username stands for .... hmm.. i knew it when i started to use it for some years ago.. but i can't remember it now.. lol :P

i'll edit this post if my braincells wake up again and remember.. :P

d00d! have you no national pride!! Theodor Kittelsen mann! You know, norse folk myths in pictures. illustrated some stories two crazy norwegian Grimm-Brothers-ripoffs went around norway and collected (hint: thnk last names With A and M at the beginning). quite the famous guy (and famous pictures) (and important for the norwegian national identity that emerged in the mid-1800s). but i digress..

hehe.. dassdraugen was (i think) in a childrens book once. scary stuff :)

Edited by Draugen

• 3 months later...

First it came out ten years ago in 1996 when I started using interent. First thing I tried in Internet Cafe was to use MIRC(as I knew nothing abt computer). EveryOne on MIRC used to give out false information regarding themselves. So u need to PLAY a little SAFE when Online. So I always use it when available. It is not my Nick anyway. My Nick is Kami(From Kamran, a Perisan name means successful).

• 2 weeks later...

It's from Dilbert, Mordac is the Preventer of Information Services. It was given to me when I was working as a security admin and tightening up our group policy. (I was such a popular guy) Since the name's usually taken I added a numeric suffix.

mines POW because i say POW alot.. its a teenage thing lool :D

so since then i have been referred to as POW, i also have another name Aces... this is because i ahve an obbsession with playin poker Texas Hold Em to be exact!!

Edited by POW!!