My MSFN username stands for...

Lazy8

What's in a name?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. My MSFN user name represents:

• Vocation - Professional field, status or title.
    • Avocation - Fads, obsessions, hobbies, and off-duty pursuits.
    • Location - Anything connected to a physical place.
    • Reputation - Nickname, alius, nom de guerre, or other informal name.
    • Designation - First, last, hereditary, or other formal name.
    • Rumination - Jargon or witticism not quite fitting in previous categories.
    • Dissociation - The 'other' category (please tell us more)

Here's my first poll--hope you enjoy it.

Mine: Lay an 8 on its side--should be fairly obvious. Took from name I gave my recumbent cycle, the Lay-Z-Eight (an Infinity). Yes, it is every bit as comfortable as the name suggests, and one of few obsessions more powerful than computing. Original credit goes to author Larry Niven. Read 'World of Ptavvs' for the reference.

Your user name says a lot about you--or at least how you wish to appear. Some are more easily interpreted than others. Either way, it should be interesting to share with your fellow members.

Thanks for taking the bait :)

I think some of the more obvious ones use a variation of actual names for usernames--or an entertainment, game, or popular media figure (which would place them in the second category).

Every chosen name is a one-word story. I'm counting on the personal pride of members to embellish--could save our collective membership some searching and guesswork, though it's each member's prerogative to preserve their mystique.

Actually, it's my unreal tournament nick. When I started to play this game online I had to have some nick so it could be easily remembered, like "I was destroyed today by N1K or N1K was wicked sick today" :D and from then I use it wherever I login :)

Before I used ninnox and that was the nick I used to register on MSFN, later on it was changed by my request :thumbup

Why N1K, well, my real name is Nikica so I deleted few letters from it and transform I to 1 B)