Is there a way back? (Adding back digital camera support, following nL

attila.nemeth

Yepp. Being a stupid looser, I removed support for digital cameras when nLite-ing my Windows. I thought that the Canon A80 disk contains all I need.

Now, I'm not able to reach the camera.

Is there a way to add back removed Windows components such as the digital camera suppport, following the enlighted Windows got installed?

Sort of not really having fun to re-install the system....

Thanks,

Attila

• 1 month later...

• 3 months later...
I have the same questions more for support for my webcam though, Can someone plz tell me how?

What is it with you bringing back old threads and webcam support. Two topics and no one has given you the walkthrough, because there IS NO walkthrough. Redo your ISO. The time you spent searching for these dead threads could have been spent doing just that.

I have the same questions more for support for my webcam though, Can someone plz tell me how?

What is it with you bringing back old threads and webcam support. Two topics and no one has given you the walkthrough, because there IS NO walkthrough. Redo your ISO. The time you spent searching for these dead threads could have been spent doing just that.

If you dont like me brining back old threads then why dont you do your job and simply delete them if there useless then why have them clogging up the board? I also cant redo the Iso as I did not make it :whistle:

If you dont like me brining back old threads then why dont you do your job and simply delete them if there useless then why have them clogging up the board? I also cant redo the Iso as I did not make it :whistle:

And you know an iso is especially bad and untrustable when the "last session.ini" has been removed. -_-

• 3 months later...

I don't wish to bring up a dead thread, so I am only replying here because it was bumped recently and this directly relates to a feature request that I made some months ago and which nuhi hasn't implemented yet (or never will) because it requires patching an inf file. I assume he would rather leave it in one piece. The feature in question is separation of the Still Image Class Installer from Windows Image Acquisition, which are both installed by the inf for the Still Image Class. Personally I removed WIA with nLite, edited the inf myself and installed it, and this same process also works for the problem here (whether or not you edited the inf).

Walkthrough:

1. Get from the original CD the following files:

sti.dll

sti.pnf

sti_ci.dll

sti.inf

(also any other dependencies of your version's sti.inf, but my patched version doesn't have any others so if yours does you should find them out yourself).

2. Execute the following commands:

copy sti.dll %systemroot%\system32

copy sti_ci.dll %systemroot%\system32

copy sti.inf %systemroot%\inf

copy sti.pnf %systemroot%\inf

rundll32 setupapi,SetupDiInstallClassEx %systemroot%\inf\sti.inf

3. Done. Remember, don't remove Windows Image Acquisition in the future if you don't want to have to do this again.

Hope this was some use.

--MTX

Edit: Another post reminded me that the reason why I wanted this in the first place was to be able to have the Still Image Class present without running Shell Hardware Detection service, which is a dependency for Windows Image Acquisition.

Edited by MTX