WPI and XPLode

Hi

Somewhere in this forum i read an old topic of possibility to run XPLode before WPI reboot the system and install the components you choice with a grafic window more nice. Now, XPLode is free and i cannot find this topic. Please anyone can help me with an idea ? Thanks and scuze my english but is not my native language.

Edited by electros

• 2 months later...

Nobody nothing ???

I create my self a modified file : generate.js , configwizard.js and a wpi.au3 file, inspired to modification of Tony for ktool.

Everyone interesting ?

Put file for downloading ?

Any request here

Yeah, I think this would be really cool. Will you post what you have?

I've been toying with K-Tools, Simple AI, and XPlode with WPI. I'm trying to figure out which would be the best one for me. K-Tools will probably be my last choice. I like Simple AI and XPlode much more.

OK here is the file:

WPI to XPlode

Extract the file and run the WPI.exe, select all to install, and begin install and look what execute.

This is the sample of the file config.js, but you put anything program you want there. Atention do not put the switch for sillent execute (e.g. /s ) after the program path. Put this switch in the switch textbox.

Recommend to use Configurator.exe to create config.js script

Hi

good idea - but doesnt work yet. its some problem in writing the programs.xml file. some suggestions:

cleanup generate.js from ktool stuff - and what about integrate xplode into wpi installation-folders?

What problems ?, what no works ?, and yes i will to clear generate.js but i miss out and i dont know everything about javascript and xml, if you know or anyone know please help me and improve this beta solution.

Some details about to run:

1 When start WPI.exe this exe run sfx archive XPlode.exe and extract the file in "c:\install\XPlode" folder,

2 Verify were is locate WPI folder,etc, and run WPI.hta,

3 After you select the programs what you want to install and clic to begin install buton the script generate.js is write file Programs.xml to XPlode folder,

4 The WPI.exe call Xplode and begin installation.

After read your reply wixfigura i test again and running.

Thanks for reply

Edited by electros

electros,

Try changing line 35 in generate.js to look like this:

Programs_xml = WshEnv("SYSTEMDRIVE") + "\\install\\XPlode\\Programs.xml";

Notice the added "\\" before install. XPlode works on my system when I make this change.

Very nice GUI for the Progress Bars.

Hey -

try this one: WPI2XPlode.rar

Ive modified some things

- runs from WPI folder

- writes programs.xml file into system32 directory

- doesnt need to write XPlode on HDD

- an Autoit file now starts XPlode ( not the ugly cmd ) - its called neu.au3/exe ( I forgot to change the name!!!)

Ive NOT tested to run from CD/DVD yet. From HDD XPlode as WPI-frontend works fine.

Have fun

Edited by wixfigura

electros,

Try changing line 35 in generate.js to look like this:

Programs_xml = WshEnv("SYSTEMDRIVE") + "\\install\\XPlode\\Programs.xml";

Notice the added "\\" before install. XPlode works on my system when I make this change.

Very nice GUI for the Progress Bars.

In my test works run without this change but anyway thanks for your test and suggestion.

Hey -

Ive modified some things

- runs from WPI folder

- an Autoit file now starts XPlode ( not the ugly cmd ) - its called neu.au3/exe ( I forgot to change the name!!!)

Ive NOT tested to run from CD/DVD yet. From HDD XPlode as WPI-frontend works fine.

Have fun

Thanks for your test and suggestion.

Edited by electros

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Hey -

Ive modified some things

- runs from WPI folder

Have fun

sombody can upload again? please