Cannot search from Address Bar

cableghost

I recently was 'infected' by lop.com (not a virus)- it replaces your default search methods, etc. Ever since it installed itself and after I uninstalled it, I cannot execute a search from my address bar.

I will go into my Internet Options and make the proper adjustment in 'Search from the Address Bar', close the dialog and reopen a new MSIE ... same result and it resets itself to not search from address bar.

Any thoughts? There must be a place in the Reg to make this adjustment if nothing else.

Scott

did Ad-Aware found anything?

it might removed the the adware, but it will not restore your setting back to normal.

i really dont know how to set it up, but can offer you a nice tool, witch was included in Windows 98 (i think) and later removed by microsoft, it allows you to search from address bar using any search engine you like (you set it up in setting)

so if you type for example 'g cableghost' it will search google for cableghost

GOT DAM LOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got there uninstaller, that is suppose to uninstall it, but once in ahwile I will click on a link and it redirects me to there got dam site. This crap comes with MSN Plus, the new version. I still havent figured out how to get the s*** off my pc. and I HAVE RAN EVERY DARN SPYWARE AND ANTI-VIRUS OUT THERE.

argggggggggggggg.......screw MSN plus, they say you can choose not to install it during the install. BS! it still sticks crap on your PC.

OMG, I just read it.........hahahaha. That the most professional way I have ever seen a response to a member.

Not to mention they are trying to make something of there software. hahahahahahah