Silence of the foxes updated

LaptoniC

Install everything the way you want it in FF. Use SOF and create an sfx from %appdata%\Mozilla.

EDIT: I am having problems with FF 2.0.0.1 and SOF. I am still using the sfx method.

Edited by ebin25

• 3 weeks later...

my profile directory has prefs.js but still the Import settings wizard comes up.. please help .. am using firefox 2.0.0.1 and some extensions. all theems and extensions do get installed but that wizard pops up.. thx

switches for xpi installation:

%programfiles%\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe -install-global-extension %xpi_path%\your_extension.xpi

setting firefox as default Browser:

%programfiles%\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe -silent -nosplash -setDefaultBrowser

Edited by ckislam

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Don't mean to bump up a sleeping topic, but this seems to work for fx2002 (it did for me). Now, I ALSO have my fx install to a different directory (and different start menu directory) by way of the configuration ini file. Details: http://wiki.mozilla.org/Installer:Command_Line_Arguments

Is there any way you can update SOF to include this functionality when launching the NSIS-based installer (setup.exe)?

Because it would make SOF the best way to distribute all this! Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I created a batch file that extracts Firefox 2.0.0.4 and then creates a silent installer with 7zip which can include your bookmarks.html and settings from localstore.rdf, mimeTypes.rdf, and prefs.js.

Just download sof2_2007-05-31.zip and extract the contents. Basic instructions in the included readme.txt.

I tested this on Vista and Windows XP and everything seemed to work.

Would like to get rid of the prompt to install the unsigned extensions, if anyone has any ideas.

Edited on 2007-05-31: Updated for 2.0.0.4

Edited by g3brown

• 1 month later...