[Release] XPize 4.2 MCE

XPero

There's been quite a few hotfixes released since XPize was finalized. I know there was a problem with MSN Messenger (or was it Windows Messenger?), after there was an update. I'm wondering if there's likely to be similar problems with new hotfixes? Or have you taken precautions so you know that won't happen?

Just wondering because if XPize is likely to cause problems with WU, then I shouldn't be giving it to people that aren't computer saavy.

I just need exact bug reports, so in next version those bugs can be fixed.

btw XPero, when i replace notepad with notepad2 (i renamed the latter to notepad.exe) xpize replaces it (or at least i think it does!)

can you add a 'remove box' or something so we can tell xpize which files to skip?

The Notepad2 thing is only for Full version of XPize (128x128 icon). I'm checking for version 1.0.12.0 of Notepad2 in order to skip patching. Which ones are you using?

XPize (or Reshacker) does not check if there are resources or not. But anyway, XPize only patches necessary resources (those that need XPizing or 128x128 support), so you shouldnt have a problem with it.

What does that mean? It adds the resources even though there were no resources to begin with? That's what I have a problem with. I've deleted half of the icons, bitmaps and dialogs in some files, because I don't use the features they belong to, so the files become smaller and load faster. XPizing would restore these icons and bitmaps, wouldn't it? Is there a way to change this behaviour?

In RyanVM Update pack 2.0.4, a new mmc.exe is included, v5.2.3790.2612. My test install revealed that XPize needs an update because the empty console bug is back.

There's been quite a few hotfixes released since XPize was finalized. I know there was a problem with MSN Messenger (or was it Windows Messenger?), after there was an update. I'm wondering if there's likely to be similar problems with new hotfixes? Or have you taken precautions so you know that won't happen?

Just wondering because if XPize is likely to cause problems with WU, then I shouldn't be giving it to people that aren't computer saavy.

I just need exact bug reports, so in next version those bugs can be fixed.

Well, as I said there's the MSN Messenger bug (That doesn't really bother me because I don't use it), and now there's that MMC bug (as posted above).