[Question] Automatic Partition/Format

Knowledge

Perhap directly in nLite, but you can do it manually, go to winnt.sif under [unAttended] add :

Repartition=Yes

Will this use NTFS Quick or Normal?

Also, under the [Data] section of the winnt.sif I see something that says "Autopartition = 0" is this the same thing as what you have stated above? If I change that to 1 instead of 0 ?

AutoPartition=0 it will prompt you for the size of the partitions.

Repartition=No will prompt you for which Filesystem to use. You cannot automatically use FAT32 just NTFS.

Does not say if it will use Quick or Normal mode. Also I'm wondering if the AutoPartition will remove the current partitions and then create a new one, I'm assuming it will though.

Edited by Knowledge

• 2 weeks later...
Also I'm wondering if the AutoPartition will remove the current partitions and then create a new one, I'm assuming it will though.

Not sure about XP, but on 2k AutoPartition removes all partitions and creates a single new one. (Never really done a full unattended on XP; I generally use an imaging tool with sysprep for normal systems and XPe for specialized stuff.)

Repartition=No will prompt you for which Filesystem to use. You cannot automatically use FAT32 just NTFS.
You won't get the FAT32 option if the partition size is over 32GB because Win2000/XP cannot format a FAT32 partition larger than 32GB. This is a limitation put in place by Microsoft to urge people to use NTFS...which they should be using anyway. :)