Upcoming update to functionality of hotfix list

Tomcat76

I'm working on extending the usability of my hotfix lists. Some people have asked for TXT files listing the contents of various folders, but I thought it would be too much hassle given there are so many options with HFSLIP.

The solution I'm working on now should be far easier. Read the last paragraph in the Notes section at the top and continue from there....

http://tomcat76.open-theweb.net/pages/winup/_win2kdyn.html

Just to report that when I select "windows media Player 9" MPSetup.exe is not showed in "List of files that go in the HFSVPK_SW folder" :no:
Good catch. The underlying script is doing what it's supposed to do, but I forgot to include the line that displays that file altogether. I'll fix that asap.
I have another question.

In the guy's list there are less hotfix for OE6/IE6; so what is the right list? :wacko:

Both. :)

The guy concentrates on critical hotfixes, whereas my list includes optional hotfixes too.

You're welcome. :)

It's now "official", and I'm currently working on the WinXP page. It's finished as far as SP2 is concerned but I want to have SP1 supported too before releasing it...

Edited by Tomcat76

Tomcat76,

I just went on your 2000 update site and there are problems. The list won't update for IE, WMP, or DX, no matter what. Could you fix this?

the_guy

EDIT: same with the XP page.

Edited by the_guy

It still happens. In fact, only one change is done to the bottom. The only change is the addition of a service pack. The same is on the XP page. Also, on the XP page, when you check the Let HFSLIP slipstream the Service Pack option and SP1a is selected, SP2 still shows up at the bottom.

the_guy

EDIT: it seems that the Windows Update v4 and the Office Update options work. I believe that anything added before today does not work properly.

Edited by the_guy

Based on that info, it sounds to me you're using either IE6 on WinXP with SP2 or IE5.0. If it's the former, make sure you aren't blocking any scripts on those pages.

I've verified the pages to work with:

- IE6 (IE 5.5 should work but I can't check that)

- Mozilla Seamonkey 1.0b

- Mozilla Firefox 1.5

- Opera 9 Preview 1

Edited by Tomcat76

I am using IE6 on WinXP SP2 and everything on both update pages works perfectly.

Also, on the XP page, when you check the Let HFSLIP slipstream the Service Pack option and SP1a is selected, SP2 still shows up at the bottom.
This does not happen either on my computer.

@Tomcat76, on your XP page, at the bottom of the notes section, you accidentally said "Update your Windows 2000 configuration," instead of "Update your Windows XP configuration," when you referred to that section.

Edited by Super-Magician

@Tomcat76, on your XP page, at the bottom of the notes section, you accidentally said "Update your Windows 2000 configuration," instead of "Update your Windows XP configuration," when you referred to that section.
Whoops... :blushing:

Fixed now. :)

Based on that info, it sounds to me you're using either IE6 on WinXP with SP2 or IE5.0. If it's the former, make sure you aren't blocking any scripts on those pages.

I've verified the pages to work with:

- IE6 (IE 5.5 should work but I can't check that)

- Mozilla Seamonkey 1.0b

- Mozilla Firefox 1.5

- Opera 9 Preview 1

Issue fixed. I was using firefox 1.0.7, but I just upgraded it to 1.5 and it works.

the_guy