Split data on multiboot DVD

caddylak

Hy everyone, I created a multiboot DVD containing several Windows versions, all my computer drivers, and the basic software that I need when installing a fresh copy of the OS. I also want to add a .GHO file (Norton Ghost Image) of my windows and my project is to create a double multiboot DVD. Already I have too much data for a regular DVD (4.7 Gb), and a 8.45 Gb DVD is much too expensive (17 times the price of a regular DVD, they haven't been long on the market in my country). I want to split the data on 2 DVDs and let's say I insert the first DVD, here I have my boot menu and I choose to instal Windows XP ... it is installing from the first DVD (the one I inserted), and if I choose let's say Windows Longhorn (wich I don't use for now) it should ask me for the 2nd DVD, and when inserted the setup should start, or at least something like that. If Anyone has any ideeas or have done something like this already I would realy apreciate it. Thx alot.

Why not just have two DVD's. Having one main DVD with programs leading to seperate DVDs can get complicated. But, if I were to hazard a guess, I'd have to say, find a program which loads a temporary module in place which remembers the key pressed. Then, upon insertion of the second DVD, it'll input that key and proceed to load that setup. But again, this'll take some scripting, lots actually.

m3n70r

that sounds complicated enough for me not to try it ... thank you verry much for replying though...it's really not my domain... i just did it for myself and if I got so far I said to myself maibe I can do the spliting too but you showed me that I won't (not in a bad way) :) .

and LLXX

I think this is the corect size... I have Win 98, Win 2000 Pro, Win XP Pro SP2, Win Longhorn, Hiren boot CD 7, all my drivers, all my software that I need to install with a freshcopy of my OS... like Antivirus, Codecs, Nero, AcdSee, Virtual PC, and lots and lots... and this is after I removed other Win versions like XP Home, 2000 Server and Advanced Server. Thank you too man for replying.