MSN Messenger 5 HELP!

Carmon

Hi

Right my Problem Is i Try Uninstall Msn Messenger 5 Off my System and i keep getting

" C:\Windows\temp\IXP000.TMP\Msnmsgs.msi Cannot b Found "

its p***ing me off lol coz it Clashes wiv my Msn msger 4.6 sumtimes

so Anyone Help me **Note iam on Windows 98 SE **

Download Msnmsgs.msi again from the Messenger site, and place the file into the folders you mentioned (C:\Windows\temp\IXP000.TMP\). If they don't exist, simply recreate them and the uninstall should work.

Download Msnmsgs.msi again from the Messenger site, and place the file into the folders you mentioned (C:\Windows\temp\IXP000.TMP\). If they don't exist, simply recreate them and the uninstall should work.

This has happened to me before too, Get the Msnmsgs.msi and place in that folder like AaronXP said. Then try to uninstal it by executing that msi and click remove, if it doesn't work try doing a repair first then try removing it again.

Hope this helps :)

U cant install windows messenger on win9x, id say what has happened is the uninstall file hasnt been installed properly when u set up messenger 5, or it hasnt registered it properly. Ur only option is to reinstall messenger 5 to see if it will reinstall the uninstall file. If that dont work, you will hav to go into your registry and delete any keys created by msn 5, then delete the filez/system filez that it installed.

Do the last thing i mentioned at ur own risk, as i do not know what system files that it uses