cmdlines.txt, what goes first regtweaks or adduser batch?

ok... i've had an idea.... here is what I found:

I have made 2 versions of all the XP SP2 CD's (I dubbed Lite & Full)

My Lite edition just has windows updates slipstreamed, on the other hand, my Full also has BTS driver pack. I have found that my Lite edition works fine with the user creation on both VirtualPC & actual PC's, But my Full edition will only create the account under VirtualPC and NOT an actual PC... even though I use all of the same code files for both the full and light editions....

any other clues to what could be causing it?!

Thanks,

Dave

more breaking news...

i recently discovered that my "full" CD's are registering the account name but there is no icon and doesn't show up under user contol panel. So, when I try to create the account as the same name my script should have it says something like... this user already has permission to use this system ( seems to be some sort of Guest account that I can't logon to unless i run the 'net user /delete' command)

??? baffeled ???

help! :P

~Dave

@BoardBabe... I must be doing something horribly wrong... I still get the same results with your exact code!!!

I'm so confused....

Please help!

~Dave

p.s.

What version of XP are you using? Home or Pro... and OEM or Retail?

Edited by discountpc

Okay... I think I got around the user issue in Home Ed.

... I had to use the OOBEINFO.INI Method instead of the NET USER Method... and it is now working in VirtualPC... time to make some more coasters :P

I'll post with my results.

Ok, so XP Home seems to like only the OOBE user account method... but Pro seems to work either way...

go figure...

long story short, it works now with the OOBE method... but my .NET 1.1 doesn't install anymore, I must have goofed something else up :unsure: but I'm sure I can figure that out.

Thanks for all the help!

~Dave

• 3 weeks later...

@discountpc

I don't know if you solved all your problems but I read you're trying to register a new user called 'Owner'.

Why not but if you want to debug something about user registration, I would strongly advise to use something else than 'Owner' as a user login: this one is used by windows anyway if you don't provide a user: no Net user xxx /add in your scripts AND bypass OOBE in winnt.sif (don't remember if it is 'skipwelcome=yes' or 'unattendswitch=yes').

Use another name if you want to know what is happening. With that one, you'll never know if it comes from your script or from windows' default.