BlockList (.reg) that contains 8000+ bad domains.

Boardbabe, again thank you for this wonderful piece of work :)

Unfortunately it seems the domain "gamespyarcade.com" has gotten onto the list? This is a piece of software I use all the time for finding online games and it is not spyware or anything else bad :)

druiddk: Thank you for noticing, Indeed it seems harsh to block gamespyarcade.com, I'm not quite sure as of why it is in the list atm. but I will find out why it was added and mofidy the list.

Meanwhile to remove gamespyarcade.com from the list if you do not want it to be blocked, please, save the following to *.reg and apply

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\gamespyarcade.com]

You might also recognize phobos.apple.com as a bit harsh to block, although I personally like to have this one blocked because this will prevent a common P2P annoyance which opens up iTunes at a particular MusicStore. (Very common to happen when using LimeWire)

Edited by BoardBabe

:thumbup fanastic work babe i was asked by a few friends if this could be adapted to work on win98se.thx u u rock.

Firstly, this is such a babealicious project...BB you're a total babe! Spyad now ist kaput for me!

TL: I got it to work by completely replacing the top line in her reg file with just: REGEDIT4

(btw CURRENT_USER seems to work better for me at least), so with a text editor did a mass replace of: LOCAL_MACHINE w/ CURRENT_USER (match upper case selected), and just merged.

btw this is a handy app to use in conjunction: http://www.funkytoad.com/zonedout.htm

I just can't get Zoned Out to work seamlessly w/ LOCAL_MACHINE...nor get programs to install properly for ALL_USERS instead... maybe it's because i don't login to windows.

BB thank you again, hope i didn't do anything wrong.

Edited by horsecharles

horsecharles: Thank you for you positive response :D

You could try resolve your issue by simply deleting the Domains key under the same path at HKCU. The file is designed to apply to all users and be hidden to the IE zonemap list, therefore my guess is it will not show up in ZonedOut as long as there exsist a Domains key at HKCU, try delete it and see what happens, althoug I have never tested ZonedOut :)

Edited by BoardBabe

Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful! This is going into all of my installs, just what the doctor ordered. :yes: Hope you can keep this updated as time allows, but as you say, this is a great baseline to work from.

Thanks guys for the positive response! I will definatly try keep the list up-to-date. I have not yet tested on my own at other OS'es than XP, but I believe it should work fine on 98 etc though you might have to replace the topic with "REGEDIT4".