Microsoft Office 12 Professional Beta

tkmadison

I've determined that Office 2007 would require about the same amount of retraining of all the employees at my main job and at my client's companies as OpenOffice would require. The difference? Well at my main employer, I've calculated it at around $34,000 USD using Office 2003 pricing. This was not a hard decision. We've been migrating our Word templates to Acrobat forms anyway. And there's always Outlook Web Access.

I've been a huge Microsoft fan and supporter since the days of DOS 3.3. But with everybody cutting IT budgets in a huge way combined with Microsoft getting even more profit hungry, this is the final straw. I'll be hanging on to Windows Server and Windows XP, but Office and Exchange are on the way out.

The outlook feels very promising indeed! I'm sure the new office combined with Vista, will be a major success! :thumbup

However, taking the price to consideration, Open Office is still the best choice if you dont have free acces to ms office from work or so.

Edited by hansen_dk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

lol illegal copies of MS Office 2007.

'Software piracy' for home users is ridiculous. I personally tried MSO2007 and liked it, but when its released to the public its going to come with a hefty price tag. When will software companies realize that consumers who are not using the product for a profit should not pay full price like a company should. Then people might not feel the need to track down an illegal copy.

Just my 2 cents, and MSO 2007 is great, id use Open Office, but seeing as 99% of large corporations use MSOffice its probably better to get a better feel for it.

• 3 weeks later...

Office 2007 looks wicked. Word is completely designed differently and so is Outlook. I have yet to open the Excel, Powerpoint, and Access programs. But so far I give Office 2007 a 9/10.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just got a copy of Office 2007. the interface is neat and good. I like the new 'ribbon' concept. Inclusion of measurement smart tags is good, though at times these so called smart tags are more of irritant. But I am liking it for now.. :-)