Unofficial update - new version - crashed system!

emarkay

Unpack this set

(already extracted, you at least need the DATAn.xxx files I believe)

Notice that I'm only providing where I found it and no idea what version it is or whether this will hose your system as the IAA wasn't really meant for 440BX.

HTH

I have a Dell Inspiron 1200, it has a newer version than the one thats listed above.

Its has WinXP but it has drivers for Win98SE.

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&catid=27&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&hidlang=en&hidos=WW1&impid=-1&os=WW1&osl=EN&scanConsent=False&scanSupported=True&servicetag=17Y8Q61&SystemID=Inspiron%201200&TabIndex=&typeid=-1

Unpack this set

(already extracted, you at least need the DATAn.xxx files I believe)

Notice that I'm only providing where I found it and no idea what version it is or whether this will hose your system as the IAA wasn't really meant for 440BX.

HTH

Great Google-Fu! Thanks submix8c.

(And yes, I realise that this doesn't constitute your endorsement of IAA for 440BX).

For the record, I installed it using the Windows Driver Update wizard. According to my benchmarking software (CrystalMark), the advantage I thought that it might give me over the native Windows driver, however, did not materialise. The native driver outperformed IAA in all tests, by a small margin.

Installing IAA left me with a clear disadvantage too - it removed my ability to hotswap my CD-RW drive (at least, the 'hardware eject' icon is no longer present). But there have been no problems aside from that, so far.

I'll restore the Ghost image I made before install.

Edited by bristols

re - the CD/RW Drive - I had noted problems with the IAA during my search. There's a claim of solution, but in reference to supported (Google). I have a 440FX here (may be "close enough); maybe during "spare time" I'll experiment too.

Well, it did prove the point, though. Maybe your research will help others...

Edited by submix8c