ZoneAlarm issue

diddykong

Sorry I entered the wrong title for this and can't change it in edit, perhaps a mod/admin can do so.

I used my Nlite CD last nite which was done with RC5 and many add ons. I noticed that when ZoneAlarm was silently installing a a box appears at the bottom left of the screen which is the licence (probably fine) and an error box pops up saying something like "could not write to C:/documents". I'm sure it was a ZoneAlarm type window, it had the full layout, colours etc. that ZoneAlarm does. So is this it not being able to write or access something? ZoneAlarm doesnt enter a profile or anything in documents and settings, application data to my knowledge (hasnt before with normal install), and hasnt here. It appears to be working OK, but something somewhere probably isnt right, and its the only thing that makes the install un-attended, and holds the install up.

Anyone else had this, know what it might be, have an idea how to fix it!?

Edited by diddykong

• 4 months later...

arrr yes

i got that when i did that today myself

but i found ZA works fine .. afters

so its one of them pain in the A$$ problems

i will have a reread of ur post when i wake up later on in the afternoon to think about your problem :)

ok i did my re read of the post

it could be coz the windows os is still in the 9.3 rule

9 letter/numbers for the folder/file name and the .3 = ext

like c:\program files = c:\progra~1

thats all i can think that may be the problem .. but its should work fine anyway :)