please help! asap

eyeball

hi all

just got my pentium 4 and am installing xp with my UA dvd and my new MB boots from the cd automatically which means when xp restarts itself to carry on with the install it starts over!!

please please help this must be so simple but i guess im missing it

lol thanks,

the first boot device is the cd-rom and instead of me having to "press any key to boot from cd...." it just does it automatically?!

atm i have managed to get it up to the billboard screen by opening the tray when it restarted, but its not UA if i have to babysit it! lol

its has to be a bios setting but what? iv never heard of this happening before.

any ideas please?

You must have removed the Press any key.... option during making ur CD (I assume us used nlite). You mite have to build it again. Then you can leave the CDROm as the 1st boot option and it will skip if no key is pressed

This would solve your problem.

There is no magic BIOS setting, that I know of.

hi all

just got my pentium 4 and am installing xp with my UA dvd and my new MB boots from the cd automatically which means when xp restarts itself to carry on with the install it starts over!!

please please help this must be so simple but i guess im missing it

I second that! Nice topic! Good thing I'm clairvoyant.

You're missing the bootfix.bin file in your i386 folder. Put that in, in the UA install disk, and you'll get the 'Press Key' prompt.

If your BIOS has the setting to press a key to pick your boot device you can set the first boot device to the harddrive in the BIOS. and when your booting with your unattended cd hit the button to get the boot device select CD-Rom and when it reboots it'll run from the hard drive.

but i don't know how many motherboards have this feature.

btw.. make sure you have the file "bootfix.bin" in your I386 folder, thats the file that brings up the "press any key to boot from cd..."

The problem is occured by the CD ... at the begin with EasyBoot (for multi cd) I have forget the countdown, without the install restart at each restart of computer regardless bios because the cd is bootable without any problems.

Re-burn & good install !