MB Problems

kal2005

HI every one

I have some problemes with mbs

first mb gigabyte ga-6oxt p3 that no pci slot is working no pci card is detected in windows ????

second MB genx p4 that IDE2 doesnot detect any harddisk or cdrom

third mb asus p4s133 that after detecting hardisk it opens setup with message "chassis error someone has tumperd your computer"

forth mb chaintech p4 if you remove ram tne mb beeps and if you install ram + vga it will give you beep that it opens but immediatly will shut down power off .

PLS help how to start thinking about fixing these problems ????????

thank you in advance

The first two - probably a BIOS flash is the only option to induce a change in the MB device detection as it is. Otherwise it is likely individual chips/connectors are the culprit.

BIOS updates for the next two, while also resetting to default settings.

The 'chassis intrusion' message indicates a jumper may be improperly missing or installed on the MB connector.

RAM + VGA (PCI or APG?) if integrated VGA exists, check for 1st initialzed device - PCI/AGP, check for IRQ assignment- many ATI (IIRC, older) cards don't need an IRQ. try a PCI video card, your (video-connector) slot may be bad, or not support the AGP 1x/2x/4x/8x card your installing.

Resetting a BIOS to defaults may require you to poke into the nooks and crannies of the BIOS to check for settings. ESD issues can cause a setting to 'stick' in a BIOS, yank the battery and power then operate the power switch- (power led) should light up briefly as it burns any residual charge.

Check for blown/leaking capacitors!!

thank you for the replay

I updated the bios in all these MBs but still

the problem with asus when i search over net may be because a chasis circuit included in asus mb but i couldn't find any sign of the chasis jumber to reset the circuit PS. I found on other type of asus P4XP-P MB the jumber but not in this mb.....

the mb chaintech is p4 and i put vga in agp slot ?

what to do??????