Issue with sysprep.inf automation

Hi All,

I am trying to perform an unattended installation with a sysprep image using the following sysprep.inf file. For some reason i am being prompted for all of the GUI questions even though I have entries in my answer file?.. I also make sure that the sysprep.inf file in in C:\sysprep\ directory when i run sysprep.exe which is also in c:\sysprep... Thanks in advance for any help provided...

=====================================================================

;SetupMgrTag

[unattended]

ForceHALDetection=Yes

Hibernation=No

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

OemSkipEula=Yes

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

WaitForReboot=No

UnattendSwitch=Yes

InstallFilesPath=C:\sysprep\i386

[GuiUnattended]

AdminPassword="xxxxx"

AutoLogonCount=1

EncryptedAdminPassword=NO

AutoLogon=Yes

OEMSkipRegional=1

TimeZone=35

OemSkipWelcome=1

[userData]

ProductKey=xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

FullName="xxxxx"

OrgName="xxxxx"

ComputerName=*

[Display]

BitsPerPel=32

Xresolution=1024

YResolution=768

Vrefresh=60

AutoConfirm=1

[identification]

JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP

[sysprep]

BuildMassStorage=Yes

[sysprepMassStorage]

[RegionalSettings]

LanguageGroup=1

SystemLocale=00000409

UserLocale=00000409

InputLocale=0409:00000409

[setupMgr]

DistFolder=C:\sysprep\i386

DistShare=windist

[branding]

BrandIEUsingUnattended=Yes

[Proxy]

Proxy_Enable=0

Use_Same_Proxy=0

[Networking]

InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

=====================================================================

edit by nuhi: attachment removed, contains cdkey

Edited by nuhi

You still have your cd key in the attachment. Mods, help him remove it if he doesn't get it removed soon. Anyway, a problem you have is that the product key is not in quotes, the setup tool microsoft provides doesn't put it in quotes, but it still should be. However, I'd only expect that it would ask you the CD-key with that problem, not all GUI setup questions, so there may be more wrong.

You still have your cd key in the attachment. Mods, help him remove it if he doesn't get it removed soon. Anyway, a problem you have is that the product key is not in quotes, the setup tool microsoft provides doesn't put it in quotes, but it still should be. However, I'd only expect that it would ask you the CD-key with that problem, not all GUI setup questions, so there may be more wrong.

thanks for the help. Yes i tried it with both the quotes on and off and i still get prompted for all questions.

Do you have setupcl.exe in the sysprep dir also?

This is probably not directly relevant to your query, but I notice there're entries in [unattended] which are not part of sysprep.inf, but only belong to unattend.txt, e.g.

TargetPath=\WINDOWS.

Please consult ref.chm.

Edited by Takeshi

Do you have setupcl.exe in the sysprep dir also?

This is probably not directly relevant to your query, but I notice there're entries in [unattended] which are not part of sysprep.inf, but only belong to unattend.txt, e.g.

TargetPath=\WINDOWS.

Please consult ref.chm.

I am going insane with this, because it is such a simple problem, but i keep getting it. I made a plan vanilla sysprep.inf and it still doesnt work. I also made sure i had all of the nessesary files for sysprep, because i copied the entire deploy.cab into C:\sysprep and it still doesnt automate anything.... :realmad:

this is how i am testing it. I am creating c:\sysprep and then i am copying all of the deploy.cab into that directory, then i am putting my custom sysprep.inf file in the sysprep.inf file... Then i am running the sysprep.exe file and then hitting "reseal", then i let the computer shutdown and then i am starting it up aagain and i receive all of the user inputs that i am trying to automate...... this is the fustrating part.. Any help is well appreciated.. Thanks in advance

Here is my plan vanilla sysprep.inf:

;SetupMgrTag

[unattended]

OemSkipEula=Yes

InstallFilesPath=C:\sysprep\i386

[GuiUnattended]

AdminPassword="xxxxx"

EncryptedAdminPassword=NO

OEMSkipRegional=1

TimeZone=35

OemSkipWelcome=1

[userData]

ProductKey=xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

FullName="xxxxx"

OrgName="xxxxx"

ComputerName=briang2

[Display]

BitsPerPel=32

Xresolution=1024

YResolution=768

Vrefresh=60

[setupMgr]

DistFolder=C:\sysprep\i386

DistShare=windist

[identification]

JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP

[Networking]

InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

PLEASE HELP!!!... :angry:

When you run the exe and the options pop up, there is a check box to use "mini setup"

your .inf file is different than the one I use - but as far as options that should associate with skipping some of those screens , they are the same. I figure if this is the only different setting, it's worth a shot.

From your previous posts I gather you are using the GUI method. If you are doing the command line I believe its -mini

• 4 weeks later...

Hey There... Try adding this...

[unattended]

Unattendmode=FullUnattended

bumping for help. because Im back to this project... and this suggestion did not work... WHAT AM I MISSING.. I know this is very simple, but it isnt working...

can someone provide me with an example sysprep.inf that works for you?. Im still scratching my head on this .

Hey There... Try adding this...

[unattended]

Unattendmode=FullUnattended

bumping for help. because Im back to this project... and this suggestion did not work... WHAT AM I MISSING.. I know this is very simple, but it isnt working...

can someone provide me with an example sysprep.inf that works for you?. Im still scratching my head on this .

I was able to figure out the problem, it was my sysprep program that i was using. For some reason it wouldn't work. I un packaged them again from the windows xp cd and it works fine now.

Brian