Strange Noises

return_03

When I left click my mouse on the desktop and the menu pops up a strange buzzing noise comes out of my speakers. Also I have Stardock Objectdock at the top of my screen and when I move my mouse over it and the icons magnify and de-magnify there is a ripping sound that comes out of my speakers. A noise also appears when a small info popup appears when I hover the cursor over like a taskbar icon. The noises aren't too loud, but at normal volume it is noticable. When I was playing my game last night, during the loading, every time the progress bar moved there was a little buzzing that came out of the speakers. I have a few guesses as to what the problem could be but I just wanted some more input. I have a Creative Sound Blaster Live! sound card, a brand new Sony DRU-810A, brand new 500W power supply, 1.5Gb Ram, Athlon XP 2200+, and a msi motherboard. I have the new drivers for the motherboard, and I believe the drivers for the sound card are new. I think that either my sound card is physically bad, or needs newer drivers. Or my wireless mouse is interfering with the sound card. Or my hard drives are finally giving up; they have been in use for about 5 years now. I'm not sure, but since it was doing it when my game was loading makes me lean towards the failing hard drives. Any help would be appreciated.

-Erick

Edited by return_03