Releasing: SysAngel DVD Generator (free)

(except a MSFN geek's computer, that was obvious...!)

yep sorry that was my (MFSN GEEK) wanting to MOD anything and everything about it.

Me I don't care about the C: if thats all its gonna do in cause I'll restore very quickly with my well prepared

UAXP created by my own program.

Just giving ya some thoughts.

I don't do French so the DBdesigner in fench does me no good.

Lol, in fact, I'm really taking your remarks into account, and preparing a new release... your remarks are really welcome.

In the new release, you'll be able to customize everything. I think I will have finished by tomorrow or after tomorrow, since a lot of testing must be done.

Regard

Natan

Hi there!

2 issue's i found

1. DVD Generator crashes when i click on the burn your sysangel DVD iso

Much possible, since I have no DVD burner, and assumed it was not a major obstacle, since an ISO can be burnt easily. But you'd be nice if you helped me a little concerning this issue. The goal is to have DVDBURN.EXE burn the ISO. Currently, the app does this:

dvdburn d: c:\Output_Rep\dvd.iso /Erase
dvdburn e: c:\Output_Rep\dvd.iso /Erase
and so on, up to z: :)

I'm considering repeating twice each line, so to have one with /Erase, one without. Any suggestion will be welcomed. In fact, burning from the app is cool, and prevents not se few people from burning the ISO as a file instead of as an ISO.

2. The completed iso image gives me the error "Not avalid windows source foundin your local CD rom drive, Please insert one"

This is quite new, indeed. By booting the DVD made out of the ISO, you should have isolinux load a linux kernel on your system, and see no mention about Windows. Can you give more details ?...

Regards

Natan

DVD Generator 1.10 is out!

• Many people have requested much more interaction to be added. That's why I've modified the application, and added a customization step, with a better GUI.
  • It's now possible, easy and fast (well, I hope so), to choose exactly what software will be installed by the generated DVD, to add/remove drivers, etc.
  • nLited i386 folders are now supported.
  • Several little annoyances have been removed (ex.: the need for more free space than needed in several cases).

This means you now get the advantages of a Linux PE environment, plus the possibilities of a nLited i386, plus the possibility to do most current customizations by editing a couple of INI files.

There would be much to say about the features brought by this release, and I still have to write a DOC about integrating this with a PXE/RIS environment...

Regards

Natan

natan-

If I've already d/l the files from your server the first time I created a DVD, are they useable again, or must I delete them & start all over downloading it all again?

If I can re-use them, how do I go about doing so.

many thanks

natan-

If I've already d/l the files from your server the first time I created a DVD, are they useable again, or must I delete them & start all over downloading it all again?

many thanks

You definitely can and should reuse them!

Regards

Natan

Hi there!
2 issue's i found

1. DVD Generator crashes when i click on the burn your sysangel DVD iso

Much possible, since I have no DVD burner, and assumed it was not a major obstacle, since an ISO can be burnt easily. But you'd be nice if you helped me a little concerning this issue. The goal is to have DVDBURN.EXE burn the ISO. Currently, the app does this:

dvdburn d: c:\Output_Rep\dvd.iso /Erase
dvdburn e: c:\Output_Rep\dvd.iso /Erase
and so on, up to z: :)

I'm considering repeating twice each line, so to have one with /Erase, one without. Any suggestion will be welcomed. In fact, burning from the app is cool, and prevents not se few people from burning the ISO as a file instead of as an ISO.

2. The completed iso image gives me the error "Not avalid windows source foundin your local CD rom drive, Please insert one"

This is quite new, indeed. By booting the DVD made out of the ISO, you should have isolinux load a linux kernel on your system, and see no mention about Windows. Can you give more details ?...

Regards

Natan

I've updated to DVD Generator v1.10.00 now

The issue with the program crashing when trying to burn a DVD.iso seem's to be fixed in this version :)

As for my second issse the burnt DVD it is still giving me a "Nor a valid windows source found in the local CD rom drive, Please insert one" error,

The DVD does boot into a linux OS ok and it ask's several qurstion's and i click "ok" to all and then it gives the above error

Any idea's ?

Thanks

I've updated to DVD Generator v1.10.00 now

The issue with the program crashing when trying to burn a DVD.iso seem's to be fixed in this version :)

Good to hear! I've just made other improvements, like giving the possibility to choose wether a CD or a DVD will be burnt. There's a bug correction, too... the latest release can be obtained there (direct link that will remove any old version and install the new one instead: http://www.windowsdream.com/dl/DVD_Generat...EN-NoDotnet.exe ).

Concerning dvdburn.exe... has the Generator been able to successfully burn the ISO ?

As for my second issse the burnt DVD it is still giving me a "Nor a valid windows source found in the local CD rom drive, Please insert one" error,

The DVD does boot into a linux OS ok and it ask's several qurstion's and i click "ok" to all and then it gives the above error

Any idea's ?

Yes. In fact, the install mode I've built is different from a CD-based one.

Let me explain. Normally, CD's setup.exe is being launched by the setup version of ntldr, and if a winnt.sif exists on the CD, you'll see something like that:

[DATA]
OriSrc = "D:\"

or no OriSrc parameter at all. We do it another way. The Generator builds a c.7z file. If you open it, you'll see two folders inside: winnt.~ls and winnt.~bt. The Linux PE script formats or repartitions the future C: drive, and copies these 2 folders on C:\. Ntldr does not launch any setup.exe, but is made to believe that a setup.exe has already been launched, and generated the 2 winnt.~ folders.

That's the reason why at the end of the Linux step, the CD is ejected. It's not useful any more. And that's also why our winnt.sif must have these lines:

[DATA]
OriSrc = "C:\$win_nt$.~ls\i386"

If you have replaced the default winnt.sif with yours, make sure this line is still there. If there's no OriSrc line (default i386\winnt.sif), MS's setup will look for a CD... and won't find it.

Regards

Natan

natan-

many thanks

You definitely can and should reuse them!

Regards

Natan

So will the DVDGenerator ask to be pointed to them when I run it? (sorry have only used it once, can't remember the program sequence) :blushing:

So will the DVDGenerator ask to be pointed to them when I run it? (sorry have only used it once, can't remember the program sequence) :blushing:

LOL. Don't worry! when having to choose your output directory, just choose the one you had already used. It will know how to use it, and won't download twice the same file, unless it has changed.

name='ironside' post='457153' date='Jan 31 2006, 05:29 PM']As for my second issse the burnt DVD it is still giving me a "Nor a valid windows source found in the local CD rom drive, Please insert one" error,

Any idea's ?

Yes. In fact, the install mode I've built is different from a CD-based one.

Let me explain. Normally, CD's setup.exe is being launched by the setup version of ntldr, and if a winnt.sif exists on the CD, you'll see something like that:

[DATA]
OriSrc = "D:\"

or no OriSrc parameter at all. We do it another way. The Generator builds a c.7z file. If you open it, you'll see two folders inside: winnt.~ls and winnt.~bt. The Linux PE script formats or repartitions the future C: drive, and copies these 2 folders on C:\. Ntldr does not launch any setup.exe, but is made to believe that a setup.exe has already been launched, and generated the 2 winnt.~ folders.

That's the reason why at the end of the Linux step, the CD is ejected. It's not useful any more. And that's also why our winnt.sif must have these lines:

[DATA]
OriSrc = "C:\$win_nt$.~ls\i386"

If you have replaced the default winnt.sif with yours, make sure this line is still there. If there's no OriSrc line (default i386\winnt.sif), MS's setup will look for a CD... and won't find it.

Regards

Natan

Hmm... I'm still getting the not a valid windows source error i'm afraid :(

I'm using your winnt.sif as is no modifications to it and is in the root of the DVD and mo other winnt.sif is on the DVD apart from that one.

Edited by ironside

I'm using your winnt.sif as is no modifications to it and is in the root of the DVD and mo other winnt.sif is on the DVD apart from that one.

Hmmmm... can you give me more details... what is your hardware config? what is the exact message (so we can google over)? do you see the windows install begin (blue screens, etc.)?

Hmmmm... can you give me more details... what is your hardware config? what is the exact message (so we can google over)? do you see the windows install begin (blue screens, etc.)?

I dunno know what my hardware gotta do with it as XP does install and run fine on it normally.

The error message:

Not a valid windows source found in local CD rom drive, Please insert one

That's it no windows setup screen and still in linux mode

The problem as i see jt is that setup is looking for the i386 folder on the dvd and not on the hard drive as it should do hoing it your way. Right ?

Has anybody else actually installed XP successfully using this method on a "REAL" system (not vmware) ?