sonu27

Which version of Nero do you use?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Your burning software?

• Nero 7
    • Nero 6
    • Older version of Nero
    • I use a different burner software.
    • I don't have a Disk burner, (no hardware or no software, or both)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I user nero 6. I always seem to have used nero for burning dvds. I use alcohol120 to burn disk images. But my nero 6 has lightscribe built into it so I kind of have to use that. I tried nero 7 with no lightscribe options.

I have found both Sateira CD&DVD to be extremely good also NCH Swift Sound make alot of very good programs. Both companies make extremely small and very efficient programs. I now use Sateira as part of my PE because they are single.exes and do everything i need.

• 2 weeks later...

I liked Nero 6, been using it for a while now. The first Nero 7 just messed up my CDs, so I switched back to Nero 6. The last update of Nero 6 was terrible, the stupid window wouldn't close when I finished burning something, so now I'm using Nero 7 again. And I haven't encountered any problems yet.

I use Nero 6 Portable.

:thumbup

Very lite. Only 17 MB and doesnt require an install. It was origanally designed for use off a thumb drive but works very well for a UI. It doesnt have any extras, just the burning app and iso features. No wave editing or start smart, ect.

• 4 weeks later...

I started with Nero 5.5 and then moved to Nero 6. However, I have also been disapointed at the continuous crap Nero keeps adding to their nice burning application. The worst part being that it installs everything and creates a bunch of unwanted file associations. I even wrote Nero a complaint about that to which they responded that come customers liked the extra features so it would be unfair to them to remove them.

Yeah right! I have yet to meet someone who uses the Nero media apps. Seems to me that 90% ("most") of their customers buy Nero for the burning. Some stupid marketing decision going on somewhere up there. In fact that reminds me of a recent article from John C. Dvorak on Creeping Featurism. Smart guy. I never cease to be amused by his articles.

Anyway. I guess from now on I'll be going for the free simple apps like CDBurnerXP Pro.

Edited by jbjones

• 4 weeks later...
Guest WebMadman

Nero 6316 Ultra Edition and ImgBurn...

Edited by WebMadman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I went to Nero 5 when it came OEM'd with personal external CD reader burners. Liked it lots better than CD Creator 4 & then 5 that the company had on my company laptop. Was happy, mostly when I went to the DVD burner with 6 OEM. then the DL burner with Lightscribe when I bought the full 6 package and then upgraded to 6.6,xxx. I looked at the bloat and such with Nero 7, 8 and 9, and I'll stay at 6.6 until I can't do something with it, on a consistent basis.

I also use ISO Buster for the more esoteric things that are easier that way.

I just wish the mfg's would realize that if it is a pig, you can dress it up and put lipstick on it, but it is still a pig. <Semi-Rant state=on>The only difference in the word processing and spreadsheet stuff I do now, as opposed to what I did in the 8 bit era is that I have faster printers (laser and inkjet) as opposed to daisy wheel and dot matrix, so I get prettier and faster output. The basics are the same..... The price sure isn't, and the total feature set has mushroomed and ballooned well beyond *all* reasonable expectations. (Blame marketing!). In some ways, I could do as much or more with my 64K 4Mhz CP/M machine than I can with my 2.66GHz 4GB XP Pro box. Sure didn't need to have *all* those seldom or never used features added to the mix......<Semi-Rant state=off>

I don't need all those fancy bells and whistles added in. If I want to do some of the stuff Nero thinks I should do, instead I pull out the real thing like Adobe Premier......

-F.B.I.G.